- Are you passionate about positive communication?
- Do you love using the power of words to help people hear from God and change their lives?
- Do you know how to capture the attention of readers and customers through copywriting?
- Do you follow Doug’s Daily Prophetic Words, read his books or watch his webcasts?
- Have you written for other Christian leaders and ministries?
- Have you wanted to work from home, but also desire to connect and collaborate with an amazing creative team?
- Writing and taking ownership of the Weekly Connection email
- Writing Spirit Connection webcast summaries
- Writing store product descriptions, as well as crafting email marketing sequences, product sales pages and other promotional content and social media ads
- Writing for SEO, with mobile, social media and design in mind
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks Include:
- Write positive, engaging copy for Weekly Connection emails, product marketing emails, launch pages, product descriptions, and sales promotional copy following the InLight Connection in-house style guide and copywriting best practices. Mastery of English grammar is necessary.
- While this position is virtual, our team is highly connected, both spiritually and technologically. We use Slack and GoToMeeting to connect online. You will need to work well both independently and with a team to do what it takes to get the job done. You must be able to participate in weekly meetings and be available to watch Doug’s live monthly webcasts/webinars as needed. This position reports to our Content Marketing Director and works within our marketing team.
- Have a proven ability to write effective headlines, calls to action and email subject lines that optimize open rates.
- Be able to extract core messages and write effective, engaging bullet points to reach specific audiences.
- Be skilled at writing content for websites and product sales pages without “hype” or sounding “salesy.”
- Have a resourceful, self-starter/can-do spirit, a strong work ethic and “get-it-done” mentality.
- Have a strong eye for detail and proofreading.
- Have a teachable spirit of humility, positivity and flexibility, willing and able to handle change.
- Be relational, team-minded and energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Be passionate about Doug Addison’s message and the ministry and mission of InLight Connection.
- Have strong personal organization skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Be skilled at discerning nuance and writing from the voice of other speakers and organizations.
- Be able to repurpose and tailor messages across platforms and target audiences, while maintaining consistency in branding and voice.
- Have a degree in communication, journalism, professional writing, marketing or relevant equivalent, and at least 1–2 years professional writing experience.
- Be knowledgeable of SEO strategies and how to naturally include these strategies in well-written web and sales copy.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this job, please send the following required information in order to be considered:
- Cover letter/email describing why you believe you would be a good match for the job
- Describe your connection to (or how you became aware of) Doug Addison and InLight Connection. Share which of Doug’s webcasts, webinars, books and/or courses you have seen, if applicable
- Current résumé
- Two personal and two business references, with email addresses and phone numbers