Overview of Position
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks Include:
- Writing positive, engaging copy for emails, product marketing emails, product launch sequences, email promotions, special offers, etc.
- Writing sales pages, sales promotional copy, product descriptions, product launch pages, website pages, social media ads, etc.
- Crafting attention-getting headlines, subject lines, titles and sub-headers that pull the reader in to consume the content.
- Creating swipe copy for new and existing products to be used on sales pages, in email promotions, social media promotions, marketing ads, etc.
- Creating swipe copy for use in our regular emails and social media promotions.
- Writing with Doug’s voice, style and in alignment with InLight Connection in-house style guide and copywriting best practices.
- Support the Product, Content & Marketing Director in meeting organizational goals for sales and conversion.
- Other duties as required.
- Someone who is passionate about positive communication.
- A person who loves using the power of words to help people hear from God and change their lives.
- A product evangelist with a clear understanding of how to write compelling sales copy that converts leads into buyers.
- A masterful writer and wordsmith with a keen ability to capture the attention of readers and lead them to an intended outcome.
- A marketing “nerd” who “geeks out” on crafting stories and content around products and services.
- Someone who is spirit-led and able to write marketing copy from a Kingdom perspective, compelling, yet free of manipulation and fear.
Sound like you? Keep reading!
- Have a proven ability to write effective headlines, calls to action, email subject lines and emails that get opened.
- Be able to pull out the core message and write effective, engaging bullet points to reach specific audiences.
- Be skilled at writing content for websites and product sales pages without hype or sounding salesy.
- Have a resourceful, self-starter/can-do spirit, a strong work ethic and “get-it-done” mentality.
- Have a strong eye for detail and proofreading.
- Have a teachable spirit, be humble, positive-focused, solution-oriented and flexible, willing and able to handle change.
- Be relational, team-minded and energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Be passionate about Doug Addison’s message and the ministry and mission of InLight Connection.
- Have strong personal organization skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Be skilled at discerning nuance and writing from the voice of other speakers and organizations.
- Have knowledge of SEO, writing for mobile, social media and have the ability to keep design in mind is also helpful.
- Be able to repurpose and tailor messages across platforms and target audiences, while maintaining consistency in branding and voice.
- Be capable of working independently and within a team structure.
- Have a degree (or equivalent) in communication, journalism, professional writing, sales, marketing, psychology or other relevant field of study.
- Have at least 1–2 years professional writing experience.
- While this position is virtual, our team is highly connected, both spiritually and technologically. We use Slack and GoToMeeting to connect online daily. You will need to work well both independently and with a team to do what it takes to get the job done. Be able to participate in weekly meetings and be available to watch Doug’s podcasts, webcasts, webinars, and workshops as needed. This position reports to our Product, Content & Marketing Director and works within our marketing team.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send the following required information:
- Cover letter/email describing why you believe you would be a good match for the job. Describe in your email your connection to Doug Addison/InLight Connection, how you learned about this job, and why you would be the ideal person for this position. (Share which of Doug’s webcasts, webinars, books and/or courses you have gone through, if applicable.)
- Your current résumé.
- Two personal and two business references with current email addresses and phone numbers.