There is power in making declarations and decrees over your life that will align you with God’s Word.
“You will also declare a thing, and it will be established for you; so light will shine on your ways.” Job 22:28 NKJV
While there has been a lot of unrest going on in the world this year, we must rise above it so we can enter into God’s rest and prepare for the revival that is coming.
You will find a new weapon for your warfare when you combine worship with a declaration style of music and prayer.
These 17 prophetic declarations, which you will also find in my book, 2016 Prophetic Forecast, will help you bring radical changes in your life right now, so you can prepare for the new things God will bring in 2017 and beyond.
1. I declare and decree that this is a year in which God has heard our cries for mercy and things are turning around.
“I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.” Psalm 116:1–2 NIV
2. I speak the opening of heavenly gates and ancient doors that will bring us into deeper relationship with You, God.
“Lift up your heads, you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.” Psalm 24:7 NIV
3. We decree a time of renewing our strength and soaring in Your presence God.
“… but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31 NIV
4. We declare that the times of spiritual hopelessness and disappointments have come to an end. This is a year of sudden good breaks.
“Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick, but a sudden good break can turn life around.” Proverbs 13:12 MSG
5. Make us ministers of reconciliation to offset injustices and bring healing to people everywhere we go.
“All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.” 2 Corinthians 5:18 NIV
6. We agree with the new things that will bring spiritual refreshing to those who have been in the wilderness.
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:18–19 NIV
7. We declare a new day, as God’s light shines on and through us.
“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.” Isaiah 60:1 NIV
8. Help us to be stretched in order to receive all that you have for us.
“Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes.” Isaiah 54:2 NIV
9. Teach us to love, as You love us, God.
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37–40 NIV
10. Give us wisdom to help those who need the love of God.
“And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.” Luke 1:17 NIV
11. Grant us the ability to forgive and not judge others.
“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:37–38 NIV
12. We gladly receive any pruning needed in our lives in order for us to remain in You, Lord.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.” John 15:5–6 NIV
13. We decree that we will step into a place this year to have greater authority to see answers to the things we ask for in prayer.
“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.” John 15:7 NIV
14. We are in agreement with God’s promises to pour out His Spirit on our descendants and declare that we will see them grow fast and strong.
“For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams. Some will say, ‘I belong to the LORD; others will call themselves by the name of Jacob; still; others will call themselves by the name of Jacob; still others will write on their hand, ‘The LORD’s,’ and will take the name Israel.” Isaiah 44:3–5 NIV
15. Open opportunities for us to see who needs that deeper touch. Use us to bring healing to people who have been wounded and rejected.
“Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.” Luke 14:21b NIV
16. We pray for the new sound from Heaven to be released on the Earth.
“And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps.” Revelation 14:2 NIV
17. We declare and decree that we will live our lives this year above all the negativity around us. We look for doors of opportunity and ask for eyes to see all that you are doing God.
“After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, ‘Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.’” Revelation 4:1 NIV
My prayer for you is that you will find something in these declarations that will help you press in to God for more. I want to encourage you to contend for more and not settle for less.
I am agreeing in prayer for your breakthrough this year and in 2017. This is a time like never before that we will need to be proactive to get to the next level.
These declarations are an excerpt from my book, 2016 Prophetic Forecast, which will give you prophetic insights on what God is doing this year and the next 7 years. Order your book here.
Doug Addison is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast, and blog. Doug’s message of love, hope and having fun reaches people around the world! His powerfully, positively funny style of teaching and coaching helps open people to discover their destiny and experience God’s supernatural love and power. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where he is impacting the arts and entertainment and media industries.