When things are not changing in your life, here are 10 activation steps that you can take to hear God for a breakthrough:
1. Begin to pray daily for yourself or your situation.
2. Write down or journal what you are hearing God say.
3. Take communion each day or quiet yourself and spend time with God.
4. Anoint yourself with oil or anoint your house with oil.
5. Find a team of a couple of people who can pray with you daily, if possible.
I hear people complain to me all the time, “I am not around people who know how to pray for my needs.” Hey, take whatever you can get!
“… If two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” Matthew 18:19b NIV
Even if it is through a text, or an email, whatever you have to do, just do it.
6. Ask God to show you what Satan does not want you to see about your situation and take notes. That is a powerful prayer.
7. Respond to what you are hearing and contact other ministries or organizations that offer the types of ministry you need to get your breakthrough.
8. Get prayer everywhere it is offered.
If you need radical breakthrough, then you will need to take radical steps and cut off generational ties. Even if you have already done it, do it again. Break any demonic assignments.
9. Try taking a drive about 35 miles away from your home or office.
If things change and you can hear God or you feel better, then there is something locally around your house or in the area that needs to be dealt with.
If you can hear more clearly, then there is something that is coming against you demonically, or an assignment in your community.
Do not worry; get someone to help you break it off through prayer. Break off witchcraft and word curses.
There are ministries devoted to help with these types of issues. There are ministries like Sozo, Restoring the Foundations, Healing Rooms or Elijah House Prayer Ministry. There are so many options available for you. Do not let the enemy break you down; get a breakthrough instead.
10. Ask God to show you what to do physically because there might be some things you can do, like changes in your diet, more exercise, cleaning out your home environment, etc. Find books or audios or DVDs that will help you in any of these areas. This is being proactive.
And as we are crossing over into a new season right now, I want to encourage you with this:
Sometimes our season can change and things that worked in the older season will not be as effective in the new. The reason for this is that as we advance into higher levels of maturity, God will also advance our spiritual gifts.
After years of doing what I call rapid-fire prophecies in which I would give hundreds of prophetic words to people at my live events, my prophetic gift began to change. I found that it was taking more effort and I would get exhausted doing the things I used to do with ease.
I am now operating in more of a times and seasons style of prophecy. God gives me insight and understanding into the season we are in and wisdom on how to operate in it.
One of the reasons I wrote this book is to help people hear God’s voice and activate it in their life.
This is what God is calling us to do in the season we are in right now.
This blog is excerpted from Doug’s book, God Spoke, Now What? Activating Your Prophetic Word. For more on this topic, click here to get the book.
Doug Addison is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast, and blog. Doug’s message of love, hope and having fun reaches people around the world! His powerfully, positively funny style of teaching and coaching helps open people to discover their destiny and experience God’s supernatural love and power. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where he is impacting the arts and entertainment and media industries.