We are in a divine season of God releasing new revelation and understanding into our life callings.
This happens each year around the Jewish holidays, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. These holidays are both coming in October—so I want to help you prepare to move forward hand-in-hand with God during this season.
God is releasing revelation and insight into your greater calling in life.
But have you ever felt like something is holding you back from moving to the next level or from going after your life dreams? There is a dream thief that can try to take away your passion for life.
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10 NIV
Life is meant to be lived with purpose and we were all designed to have passion for living. Ultimately, receiving God’s love and power into your life is what will change you the most. But even still, there are many people who have done this yet still feel unfulfilled and adrift.
This is a time, like no other, to find and fulfill your greater purpose in life. You were destined to do great things and it does not have to be difficult. It is as easy as doing one small thing each day—or week—that moves you closer to God, or your destiny.
Mother Teresa is known to have said, “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
I have developed a lifestyle of doing small things, every day, which do not seem like much at the time, but add up over time.
You can change the spiritual atmosphere around yourself and others when you catch on to this powerful practice. I have helped thousands of people develop this lifestyle.
I needed to write a book, but I did not have the time or energy. I kept putting it off and procrastinating, but then I decided to do one small thing a day towards my writing goal. I would do some research, then write a small section. I did this consistently and I was able to get my first book written.
Ultimately it did not take a lot of effort, as I was just doing one small thing at a time. Now, I write a small amount every day and then once a year I pull it together for a book or a new online course.
This same practice works for losing weight and getting healthy too. Years ago, I needed to lose 30 pounds. I started doing one small thing each day, like research a diet, find an easy way to exercise, get an accountability partner, throw out my junk food, etc. Within a few months, I was well on my way to getting back in shape. The hardest part of this was overcoming the procrastination by getting started.
What does this have to do with God speaking to you about your destiny? Well, if you can do small things—then you will be ready when the bigger ones come your way.
I have listed a few ideas to help get you started—by asking yourself these questions:
1. What is one thing I want to change and what is the one step I can take to get started?
2. What is one prayer that if God would answer it right now—would change my life?
3. What is one thing I can do this week?
4. What is one thing I can do today?
5. Who is one person I can encourage?
6. Who is one person I can reach out to for advice?
7. Where is one place I can go where I often hear God more clearly?
8. Where is one place I would like to visit before I die?
9. What is one gift, talent or skill I have that I could use to contribute to the world?
10. Who is one person I can forgive?
11. What is the one biggest hurdle I overcame?
12. What is the one fear I need to overcome?
13. What is the one thing I am putting up with?
14. What is the one thing I want more of?
15. What is one fear that is holding me back?
16. What is my one biggest obstacle?
17. Who is the one person I can trust?
18. Who is the one person who can agree with me in prayer?
19. Who is the one person I would consider a mentor?
20. What is the one way I can step up my prayer life?
21. What is one idea that I have that I think would make extra money?
22. What is one item I can give?
23. What is one item I can donate?
24. What is one healthy habit I can start today?
25. What is one story I can write down today?
Do you get the idea on how to take your next step? You really can change your life with relatively little effort if you develop a lifestyle of breakthrough and not avoidance.
Get ready now for what is coming your way! Now, share this with someone who may be encouraged by it.
P.S. Wish you had a coach to help you move forward? I’ve put the best of my prophetic life coaching experience and training materials into this online self-coaching toolkit for you so you can unlock your breakthrough. Click the link to learn more.
Doug Addison is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast, and blog. Doug’s message of love, hope and having fun reaches people around the world! His powerfully, positively funny style of teaching and coaching helps open people to discover their destiny and experience God’s supernatural love and power. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where he is impacting the arts and entertainment and media industries.