How to Share God's Supernatural Love in a Natural Way—Like Jesus Did | Doug Addison

How to Share God’s Supernatural Love in a Natural Way–Like Jesus Did

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!

Isaiah 43:18–19a NIV

We are living in an amazing time! The first miracle of Jesus was changing water to wine and He saved the best wine for last.

If you are ready for something new, then fasten your seatbelt! God is revealing new ways of doing things that will make us much more effective than we have ever been in the past.

New assignment

Nearly 16 years ago, God said to me, “I am doing a new thing. Do you want to be part of it?” I was really excited and agreed before I even knew what it was.

God then said He wanted to send me on a special assignment, but first I needed to look up all the encounters that Jesus had with nonreligious people.

Once I did this, I was shocked at what I found. Jesus was never judgmental or mean towards people outside of the “church” of His day. He did not have much patience for the angry religious people lacking hearts of love, but He was extremely compassionate to the people on the streets.

All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. Luke 4:22a NIV

Most people talk about the miracles Jesus performed. But He also was known for His love, gracious words and supernatural abilities. In my studies, I discovered that He often used the prophetic gifts to speak deep into people’s hearts.

This was the assignment the Lord gave me and I became one of the forerunners of using prophecy and dream interpretation as a means for reaching people with God’s love.

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:6 NIV

Over the past 15 years, I have given tens of thousands of prophetic words, interpreted over 30,000 dreams and even prophesied over people’s tattoos. We found that people are really open to talking more about God, especially when we use language they can relate to. Like Jesus, we speak gracious words and use the prophetic gifts to lower the walls that people have put up to God.

What began as an assignment from God has now become a lifestyle of using the prophetic gifts in a new way.

Underground movement

Today, people often say things like, “I’m spiritual, but I’m not religious,” or “What’s true for you is not truth for me.” And they often have walls up when we try to talk with them about God. But there are things we can do to remove the walls. For example:

• Do something positive for them, such as a practical act of kindness.
  • Give them food, money or something they need.
  • Give them simple, encouraging words—which is prophecy spoken in nonreligious language. It is very powerful to give people prophetic words in a language they can understand.
  • Interpret their dreams and prophesy over their body art.
  • And, yes, you can pray for their healing as well.

When we use this strategy, most people ask us, “Who are you?”

We tell them, “We are Christians, but we might not be like any Christian you have ever met. We are part of an underground movement known as Christians who love. We are not organized, but all you have to do is look around and you will find one of us somewhere.”

I have never been more encouraged in my entire life. We are sitting on one of the biggest revivals in history and it will come when we step out like Jesus, using gracious words and the language of prophecy and dreams to speak deep into people’s lives.

P.S. Right now you can get my Prophetic Lifestyle Training Kit at 74% off this month! This is a new paradigm for connecting with people in the way that Jesus did and will empower you to become a natural at sharing God’s supernatural love with the people in your everyday life. Find out more here.

Doug Addison is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast and blog. Doug’s message of love, hope and having fun reaches people around the world! His powerful, positively funny teaching style and coaching helps open people to discover their destiny and experience God’s supernatural love and power. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where he is impacting the arts, entertainment and media industries.

22 thoughts on “How to Share God’s Supernatural Love in a Natural Way–Like Jesus Did

1. I started receiving daily prophetic word from you since June this year and am so grateful for the words of encouragement that has spoken deep into my heart, and directly to my life, sometimes am corrected and told to think positively when I become negative and doubt God on His promises. I love Him so.
    I look forward everyday to receive the prophetic word from you.
    I still have a lot to learn in my walk with Jesus, I trust that He will teach me and show me greater things.

All the blessings,

Perpetua Gundu

That is so wonderful to hear Perpetua! We all have so much to learn and always will, its one of the beautiful things about walking with God. God delights in us just wanting to know Him and learn, so He is so pleased with you. Bless you friend!

2. Barbara Hart says:

Thank you, Doug, for your encouragement to the body of Christ!! You are a blessing in my life and I am grateful to the Lord for connecting me to your ministry. Blessings, Barbara Hart

3. HELEN PATRICIO says:

Praise God, Doug Addison for this special artical of sharing God’s Supernatural Love in Natural way like Jesus did. I most admitt there’s been times where I would like to share my faith of the Love of God with people but find out at times they won’t accept what I had say or didn’t believe in Jesus Christ. I do have a big heart for God’s hurting people and I pray that I will allow God to use me to reach the lost and perishing soul of this world. And what better to do so just as Jesus did.
    P.S.
    Please pray for my old friend Judy Cox to come to know Jesus Christ as her Lird and Savior.

Helen Patricio

I love your heart Helen. A heart like that is such a delight to God. You are an amazing woman. Praying now that your friend Judy comes to know Jesus. Bless you both.

4. Beatrice says:

Glory be to God.
    Thankyou for sharing, you have really inspired me and i feel im getting ready for ministry. Thankyou for listening to the holy spirit, the guidance and the Love for spreading the Gospel.

Bless your Heart.

Amen Angela. God will use you like that. God loves you so much and is so excited about your life. Bless you!

5. Mark Sankey says:

Love you guys, and Doug in particular. I mention Doug because i have seen him face to face, even gave him a hug. Woo hoo. Wanted to share this thought with you. I read people’s T-shirts and it opens a door for a piece of truth, a seed, to be dropped in. With the love of Jesus shed in our hearts, knowing His grace toward me forgiving all my iniquities and healing all my diseases, people are very open, more than we realize. I have found as we soak in His love and presence, sit at His feet and pay attention to the Spirit in us, He flows out in creative ways. As Heidi Baker encourages us, stop for the one and see what Jesus may do through us.

So good Mark! I love that! And that’s cool you were able to meet Doug in person! We hope to see you again! <3

6. Apryl says:

You know, when we start to see people the way He does, you start to see who they are to speak life giving words to help people see who they are. I remember one day the Lord asked me, “Apryl, you know it is wrong to kill but what would t be like to love someone so much, you couldn’t kill?” It is our heart beating with His that is so darn important. The Lord is fond of reminding me, “Apryl, you don’t put a bon fire out with a match.” He now adds, “You put it out with streams of living water.” Eh eh eh. Holy Spirit is so funny. God bless you Doug and Ministry family! So Amen Doug! Awesome witness and reminder for all of us! Keep on going!

7. Andrew says:

Thank you so much Doug and Inlight team. I am always blessed by the daily prophetic words, podcasts, writings. As a millennial this is such great spiritual building for me.

8. metinee says:

Yes,it is a brilliant ideas. I like to be part of these. My daughter doesn’t want to be connect with religion although studying in Christian school. She feel pain about church .I try to be with her without force her about church.I am very glad to hear about this.

Thanks for sharing Metinee. Praying now your daughter wounds are healed and she receives all the love God has for her. And bless you for being such a wonderful mother to her.