How to Understand God's Justice—and Ask for Repayment | Doug Addison

How to Understand God’s Justice—and Ask for Repayment

When some people think of God’s justice, they envision a stern or even angry judge wielding a gavel or causing bad things to happen to people as a form of punishment.

This couldn’t be further from the truth.

Yes, God is the God of love AND justice. When we see bad things happen, it is not from the Lord. It is Satan causing it, but people often blame God.

What is God’s justice?

Let’s take another look at what the Bible actually says about God’s justice:

He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. Psalm 33:5 NKJV

That paints a very different picture than the image the world portrays of an angry God judging us.

The message of God’s justice has been around since the beginning of time. Justice is a legal system, process and procedure that upholds the law of the spirit.

• It keeps the powers of the enemy from overtaking us.
  • It restores that which was stolen from us.
  • It is mentioned over 500 times in the Bible.

The scales of God’s justice

Think of the justice system as scales. When the enemy over-attacks you, it causes the Lord to lay upon you more gifting, anointing, favor and repayment to balance things out.

Old Testament justice was often difficult and harsh because it was before Jesus died on the cross.

After Jesus took the penalty for sin upon the cross, it opened grace and justice for us. We can now approach the throne of grace boldly.

Repayment for injustices

And the Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before … Now the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning. Job 42:10, 12a NKJV

Do not take revenge

It’s really important not to take matters into your own hands and try to get justice through a spirit of revenge.

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. Romans 12:19 NIV

God’s justice and repayment system depend on you acting according to the Word of God and in His timing.

Justice and the Courts of Heaven

The keys for enforcing God’s justice for your situation have been hidden in the Bible but are now being revealed.

During this time of extreme injustices and difficulties in the world, the Lord is revealing more details about the legal system of Heaven.

Getting repaid

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7 NIV

The starting place is to believe that God is for you and wants to repay you.

You’ll need to file a claim by praying and asking the Lord for repayment. It is not automatic. Sometimes you will need to take steps, e.g. ask, seek and knock

(Matthew 7:7).

You deserve justice from the Lord because the attacks of the enemy are so great.

P.S. If you are familiar with the Courts of Heaven or want to learn how to open a case for yourself or someone else (such as your spouse or future spouse, children, finances, etc.), sign up for my new online workshop: Understanding the Courts of Heaven–Part 2.

If you’re still new to the Courts of Heaven and want more teaching to understand how to operate in them here on Earth, I recommend starting here.

Doug Addison is the founder and president of InLight Connection. Doug is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is best known for his Daily Prophetic Words and Spirit Connection webcast, podcast and blog. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where they are impacting the arts and entertainment and media industries.

22 thoughts on “How to Understand God’s Justice—and Ask for Repayment

1. Jim says:

God richly bless you Doug! I really enjoy your prophetic words of promise. However, for some reason, the enemy always seems to be allowed to stand in the way of your words being fulfilled in my life. I really need understanding in this. I sometimes feel that our Lord is holding something against me, and it’s breaking my heart.

Jim, God loves you so much. He is not holding anything against you. I am so sorry you feel that way. The Courts of Heaven teaching goes into understanding why prayers have not been answered or why we feel blocked sometimes. Doug is have a live webinar tomorrow morning that goes into opening up a case in heaven.

Doug also have a podcast interview on the Courts of Heaven.

Agreeing with you for breakthrough Jim! And remember, God loves you so much, you are His son. Bless you!

2. Nick Melton says:

“When the enemy over-attacks you, it causes the Lord to lay upon you more gifting, anointing, favor and repayment to balance things out.“

Whoa, I didn’t know God was subject to anything. This is troublesome theology.

Hey Natalia! It is not you who does pays for the repayment but God.
      As Doug says, “God’s justice system and His Word demand that we get repayment for our losses and injustices, but it is not automatic—we must file a claim.” From there, listen to God and see what He may want you to do next. Bless you!

Yes! You are all set and received an email from us with confirmation! We are so excited to have you with us tomorrow.

3. Henrietta Izard says:

Dear Doug Addison, I’ve signed up for your call to fast with which I totally agree, except the Lord has already asked me to start a fast on Monday Feb 12th which will probably last until Easter. I’m agreeing with your fast; I don’t know much about Lou Engle (he’s quite famous of course)’s fast and am fasting for my place and California of course. It’s a Daniel’s fast but more strict. Thank you for your help

Thanks so much Henrietta. I love how you are hearing from God how to fast. You are a blessing. Bless you!

4. Diana says:

Thanks, Doug. Great reminder that there is so much available that God wants to give us. But He likes to hear from His children! Blessings to you and your family and ministry.

I am glad you enjoyed the article Diana! Yes, God loves hearing from His children. He loves us so much. Bless you Diana!

5. Sensational Unique says:

I really benefited from this powerful message.I began asking for repayment.I also followed your steps in went into the courts of heaven just days ago.There was a shift that took place and I began to hear God clearly.I pray a prayer and he answered quickly.I was amazed.I visit the courts of heaven daily now.Its the most amazing feeling ever.Thank very much Doug.

6. Such a good reminder and you are so right Doug when you stated, “Whether you realize it or not, you are already interacting with the Courts of Heaven when you pray. But we can pray more effectively once we understand some of these basic principles of God’s justice.” So good!

7. Deborah Bobsin says:

Mercy I forgot to sign up for Part 2. Is it free?
    Please answer the door I am knocking 😉
    Blessings to you too,
    Deborah

8. wendy mckay says:

Hi Doug, I am extremely blessed to have come across your website. Your prophetic word for the 8th, 22nd, 30th March 2018 and also 12th April 2018 has been very accurate. I have been praying for promotion , that has now arose. I made an application for the position. I am awaiting the outcome, but your word that I received yesterday is good enough for me.
    Your word for today 13th April 2018, I was not even aware of God’s justice and repayment.

Thank you for being a blessing.
    Wendy Mckay