Prophetic Word: A Strategic Time for Breakthrough | Doug Addison

Prophetic Word: A Strategic Time for Breakthrough

7-year season ending

We are in a time of a 7-year season that is coming to completion. It started in 2011 and is now concluding in 2018. If you go back and look at the calendar in 2011, you will see how something started but ended abruptly, or there was a time of challenge and even difficulty. But this is the end of a major 7-year cycle that comes to a close this year.

The past 7 years have been difficult for many people, and it has been like start and stop, start and stop. Things would start to break through, then they would dry up.

Open for me the gates of righteousness; I will enter and give thanks to the Lord. Psalm 118:19-20 NIV

This is the gate through which the righteous may enter. The gates of righteousness are about to open over us. This means that things are going to start flowing in our favor. Instead of toiling and laboring, we are going to flow in the Spirit. But this season will not start until after September.

Key prophetic words from 3 previous months

The Lord showed me to release these three prophetic words that I released previously in April, May and June of this year. These are the things that are now coming:

Revelation revealed

Watch for God to reveal hidden revelation from your past. These are things that He has spoken to you about previously, or you have received prophetic words that have not come to pass. This will also include God surprising you with fun and new things that are coming right now!

From now on I will tell you of new things, of hidden things unknown to you. They are created now, and not long ago; you have not heard of them before today. Isaiah 48:6b–7 NIV

Many people have been crying out for direction and strategies from the Lord to get through this difficult season we have been in. These prayers are now being answered, and God is going to reveal secret things and secret places to find them. This is the form of revelation that has been stored away, kept on hold until this very season of your life.

God is going to summon you by name. He is going to do something so that you will know it is from Him. He is going to speak your name or give you confirmation so that you will know that you are on the right path.

Timing revealed

For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. Habakkuk 2:3 NIV

God is going to help you sort through what He has been speaking to you so that you know what to focus on. It will be important for you to let go of things from past seasons and get a clear vision for what God is doing right now. God is going to highlight prophetic words and promises from the Bible, which will be like a light going on for you. Things are suddenly going to make sense.

New breakthrough prayer

God is releasing new prayer strategies that will help you get your breakthrough. This is a time in which the Lord is going to reveal and heal things that have been holding on. God is going to reveal hidden plans the enemy has been using against you in the area of your destiny. This includes health, relationships and financial breakthroughs.

They are to teach my people the difference between the holy and the common and show them how to distinguish between the unclean and the clean. Ezekiel 44:23 NIV

This is a time to get a breakthrough prayer strategy for what God is doing right now. I would encourage you to read my Prophetic Word: Making Sense of the Chaos in the World more than once—it is a call and a strategy to pray and break the spirit of violence and the 80 days of preparation we are now in.

Blessings

P.S. If you want to learn more about how to get your own breakthrough prayer strategy for this new season, then check out my online workshop, Disarming Difficult Times: Passionate, Positive and Powerful Prayer. In it, I share my own personal daily prayer strategy, give more detail about the current season we are in and show you how to develop your personal prayer strategies for what God is releasing from Heaven!

Doug Addison is the founder and president of InLight Connection. Doug is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast and blog. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where they are impacting the arts, entertainment and media industries.

30 thoughts on “Prophetic Word: A Strategic Time for Breakthrough

1. Shirley Zambaldi says:

thank you Doug for your words of encouragement! This is the eighth year that I left a cult and I’m still waiting for my adult daughter to come out. Your words your prophetic words are staring out the hope and encouragement not to doubt and not together I trust in the Lord and all his promises I can say from the bottom my heart thank you Doug !!! I want to read your books I want to get more involved with you I’m very busy right now and I’m hoping the Lord opens a door to be able to do all my hearts desire ! God bless you Doug

2. Victoria Budrawich says:

I still can’t find or access the July word for the month. I know it was just done yesterday but doesn’t appear on the site.

3. Vanita says:

One of the strategies God showed me in a dream a couple of nights ago was how the enemy uses fear to scare me and uses the what if? I dreamed that I was looking for a little girl she belonged to me and she was in this school. Some other little girls showed me how to get inside of the school once inside seems like the staff wouldn’t help me so I started looking for the child myself. All off a sudden I hear this loud grumbling sound and it gets louder and louder and closer the sound is not human. I realize it’s a monster and I began to run (I never actually see who or what it is) but it’s coming after me. I run into a classroom and hide in a closet the monster enters the room I can hear it’s heavy breathing and growling. He opens the door where I am hiding but I keep quiet as he pushes the door slowly open I back up as far as I can the monster never looks behind the door. After not seeing me it’s closes the door and leaves the room but I can still hear it in the hallway. I think it’s coming back because the door opens again but this time the person looks behind the door I scream and to my relief it’s a school staff member she lets me know that I am alright and she gives me a two way radio that is used in the school for communication and I no longer hear the noise of the monster who was after me in fact I never even see it. Revelation the enemy uses scare tactics to get me to retreat and hide but what I have realized is that God only allows him to go so far and God always sends help.

Thanks for sharing your dream with us Vanita. That is wonderful that you were able to understand your dream and get revelation from it. God bless you!

4. Elaine Chavez says:

2011 I just completed my BA in Education although I did not teach for the last 5 years! Except Sunsay school. I was an assessment specialist 3.5 years in Hawaii! We are moving back to Ca due to the volcano and wanted to be closer to my grandskids! God is making a way! Praying we sell our house in Hawaii soon!

5. Elaine Chavez says:

2011 I just completed my BA in Education although I did not teach for the last 5 years! Except Sunday school. I was an assessment specialist 3.5 years in Hawaii! We are moving back to Ca due to the volcano and wanted to be closer to my grandskids! God is making a way! Praying we sell our house in Hawaii soon!

Agreeing with you for your home to sell and for you to step into everything God has for you in California! God bless you!

6. Athena says:

Amen, this is very true. I am indeed in this 7 years cycle.
    7 yrs ago, in 2011, after college, I started off a journey exploring the US. It started with much expectation, much excitement and much fun. However , it ended with loss of my father (who was in a car accident )along with a sever depression. I came back to China and went through lots of difficulties and changes with my family.
    2015, my journey started again I went to the US , it stopped with rejection by both BSSM and someone I trusted.
    2016, I started again, I went to California to pursue my Master Degree. It stopped again by a Cousin’s betrayal together with his mistress family serious-mistreat. I lost lots of money, all my savings I worked for 4 years from ever since my father’s pass, sponsorship and opportunity to finish my degree.
    7 years , it feels like a dramatic cycle , start and stop, start and stop. But I still expect my very breakthrough that HE has always had for me.
    I pray God’s mercy, repayment, and appointed breakthrough for me.
    Thank you Prophet Doug, we honor your words, your teaching, and your ministry.

Hey Athena! I am so sorry about what you have gone through these past 7 years. It sounds like you have been through a lot. Bless you for having such faith, hope and expectation for the Lord to turn things around for you. I am agreeing with you for breakthrough and for you to step into everything God has for you. Bless you Athena!

7. Fombutu Gladys Glory Tanyi says:

Praise God!! This is timely. God has promised me many things. I want to see them happen. He says it is now, but I must tarry in His presence. I need Him to help me abide! Thank you for this word again.

8. Tim says:

The above definitely describes my life for the past 7 years. I’m looking forward to the part where it starts making some sense. I am grateful that there were some really good months mixed in and some really good things happened during all that time. God blessed us in many ways and protected us. I am so grateful for all the Lord did for me during this time.