Mission of InLight Connection
Overview of Position
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks Include:
- Writing ebooks, blogs and other product resources from Doug’s spoken messages and/or message notes.
- Ghostwriting content in Doug’s voice, approved style and spiritual values.
- Copyediting Doug’s written content while maintaining the prophetic voice and spirit of the message.
- Quickly conduct research and gather resources for Doug’s writing and recording projects.
- Flow creatively with Doug’s writing style.
- Maintain Doug’s message tracking system and identify content that can be used for products, books, blogs, messages, etc.
- Fact-check, proofread and verify information using approved sources.
- Proofread written content, external communication, emails, blogs, transcripts and other internal resources as needed.
- Other content and writing duties as assigned.
- Coordinate writing and publishing projects as assigned.
- Liaise with publishing companies and the InLight Connection team for book writing and publishing.
- Guide our self-publishing process utilizing Amazon and other self-publishing vendors.
- Ensure proper publishing records are maintained, including but not limited to: ISBN registration, copyright registration, KDP setup and registration, and our in-house master file management system.
- Ensure all publishing operating procedures and file management systems stay up to date.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to flow in the spirit with Doug as he receives revelation and begins putting his messages together.
- Understand the importance of the prophetic message and have a sense of urgency about the timing and accuracy of the prophetic word.
- Capable of quick, accurate and thorough research on the internet and/or other approved resources to compile material for writing projects.
- Have a strong familiarity of the Bible and the ability to use online research tools and search engines to verify references from the correct translation to ensure they are accurately cited.
- Strong understanding of the publishing process and how to produce self-published books, ebooks and digital products.
- Experience with registering ISBNs and copyrights for literary works.
- Strong command of the English language and grammar.
- Proficient with the most recent version of Microsoft Word and strong knowledge of how to work with tracked changes in documents.
- High attention to detail in all aspects of work, able to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Experience using spreadsheets and word processing software utilizing Microsoft Office apps and Google Drive.
- High degree of organizational and documentation skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Possess general computer skills and the ability to grasp new software quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in writing, maintaining good relations externally and internally.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Handle confidential/sensitive data and information with the highest integrity.
The best candidate will already be familiar with most of the software and services we use, and have the necessary computer skills to learn and master our current processes:
- Microsoft Office apps (most recent versions)
- Microsoft Word (with tracked changes, specifically.)
- Google Workspace
- Google Drive
- Kindle Direct Publishing (formerly CreateSpace)
- Amazon S3 File Gateway
- Mac computer (preferred)
- A passion for God and desire to see the Kingdom of God advanced on Earth.
- A reliable computer with appropriate software and apps to perform the responsibilities of the job.
- Experience with the software, internet and services listed above.
- High-speed internet with a backup plan in the event your internet goes down during a critical deadline.
- Appropriate industry experience.
- A positive, energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and a professional image.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- A High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have a strong work ethic, flexible schedule and ability/willingness to respond quickly to requests.
- You agree with the core values of InLight Connection and desire to help advance the Kingdom of God through Doug Addison’s ministry.
- You have a spirit of humility, are flexible, willing and able to handle change.
- You have a “get it done” mentality.
- You are a team builder who focuses on the success of the entire organization.
- You are a strategic thinker, able to solve problems and execute the solutions.
- Cover letter/email describing why you believe you would be a good match for the job.
- Describe your connection to (or how you became aware of) Doug Addison and InLight Connection. Share which of Doug’s podcasts, workshops, books and/or courses you have seen, if applicable.
- Current résumé.
- Two personal and two business references, with email addresses and phone numbers.