- Position: Copyeditor, Proofreader and Keynote Formatter - POSITION FILLED
- Status: Part-time, Part-time, 12–15 hours per week*
- Location: Virtual position; U.S. and Canadian applicants only
- Do you have a heart for reaching people online and through the written word?
- Do you have an eye for detail and a strong command of grammar?
- Do you read and enjoy Doug’s blog, books and other content?
- Are you good at proofreading both printed and online content?
- Are you able to work from home, while connecting and collaborating with an amazing team of writers and editors?
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks Include:
- Must have mastery of English grammar and written communication.
- Be able to read copy and transcripts and check for spelling, grammatical and typographical errors.
- Skilled at writing and fact-checking and able to turn transcripts into reader-friendly content while maintaining the voice, and message of Doug’s content which is prophetic in nature.
- Must understand the importance of the prophetic message and have a sense of urgency about the timing and accuracy of the prophetic word.
- Be able to create a Keynote presentation on an Apple computer (Mac) from speaking notes, utilizing the InLight (in house) Style guide and formatting template.
- Have experience creating presentation slides for webinars, online courses, and/or other training curriculum.
- Must have a Mac computer with the Keynote software installed and updated. Keynote formatting and editing includes: creating the Keynote, placing it in the InLight Keynote template, formatting it with Doug’s style preferences, proofreading it, and finalizing it for use.
- Have a resourceful, can-do spirit and “get er done” mentality
- Be relational and team-minded and energized by a fast-paced environment
- Be proficient in scheduling social media posts (on CoSchedule) & monitoring Facebook Insights
- Be passionate about Doug Addison’s message and the ministry and mission of InLight Connection
- Have strong personal organization skills, with ability to prioritize tasks
- Have an eye for details, aesthetic and quality photography
- Be skilled at discerning and writing from the voice of other speakers and organizations
- Be able to repurpose and tailor messages across platforms and target audiences, while maintaining consistency in branding and voice
- Specific experience with the software and services listed above.
- You must own a fast computer with appropriate programs needed to perform the above responsibilities.
- You must have high-speed Internet with a backup plan in the event your Internet goes down during a critical deadline.
- You must be resourceful and research or reach out to other companies or contractors as needed to meet deadlines.
- Five or more years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mission of InLight Connection
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this job, please send the following required information in order to be considered:
- Cover letter/email describing why you believe you would be a good match for the position (include links to current or past blog posts or online articles you have written, proofed and/or edited)
- Describe your connection or how you became aware of Doug Addison and InLight Connection
- Current resume
- Two personal and two business references with email addresses and phone numbers
- A sample of a Keynote presentation you have created and formatted. The sample should be at least ten slides long.
- An original writing sample of your own creation. The sample should be between 250–300 words.