Prophetic Word: 40 Weeks of Hard Labor Ends Now | Doug Addison

Prophetic Word: 40 Weeks of Hard Labor Ends Now

This is an exciting week that is going to be a turning point for many people! Forty (40) weeks ago God opened your Book of Life and now it is going to be birthed this week!

The Jewish holiday, Hoshana Rabbah, is the time when God reveals your Book of Life for the coming year. We are no longer under Moses’ law, but God still operates on the Jewish calendar when it comes to releasing your destiny.

During the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah, the Lord begins to examine our lives. Just over a week later, our destiny for the coming new year gets sealed on Yom Kippur. Then at the end of the Feast of Tabernacles, on Hoshana Rabbah, our Book of Life is opened and our calling and destiny for the coming year is revealed. For the year we are currently in, this occurred on October 11, 2017.

For me, everything shifted upward after that date. I began to get more strategic revelation and deeper encounters with the Lord. At the same time, I began having spiritual warfare at levels I have never seen before. I had to hold onto the prophetic words the Lord had released to me previously because for months it seemed that all I did was battle, battle, battle! The warfare never seemed to end.

Birthing of something new

40 weeks is the average gestation time for a baby. The week of July 18 marks 40 weeks since our promotions and destinies were revealed. The Lord spoke to me that this has been 40 weeks of hard labor in order to birth what is coming to you now. The revival that is coming has required a hard-birthing process.

While still pregnant, Mary (carrying Jesus) and Elizabeth (carrying John the Baptist) came together as the coming movement of God which was about to be birthed. Elizabeth’s baby leaped in her womb when they came in contact with Mary and Jesus (Luke 1:41).

Mary burst into a spontaneous song to the Lord. The Lord led me to Mary’s song. Her words reveal what is going on right now:

“He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble.” Luke 1:52 NIV

Since October 2017, we have been in 40 weeks of hard labor. The Lord has used it to bring down rulers and thrones of the enemy. Those who have remained humble and have been seeking the Lord are about to be lifted up.

Our voices restored

John the Baptist’s father, Zechariah, lost his voice during Elizabeth’s pregnancy of his son (Luke 1). This is a prophetic sign similar to what we are going through right now. We have lost our voice to the world and have not been received by many around us. But the Lord is about to change that as we grab hold of the new song of the Lord that is coming from Heaven. Both Mary and Zechariah sang spontaneous songs that shifted the spiritual atmosphere.

Spontaneous songs open the heavens

There is a strong anointing on spontaneous songs and prayers right now. If you have been going through a difficult time or hard labor over the last 40 weeks, it’s time to burst into spontaneous songs and prayers that will shift the spiritual atmosphere.

Be encouraged! Your difficult times have not been in vain. We are about to birth amazing new things in the spirit because of our suffering and perseverance.

Get ready for the Lord to open the heavens over you. Watch for an increase in dreams, visions, supernatural encounters and deeper wisdom and revelation.

P.S. In my new free ebook, 4 Powerful Keys That Change Your Life, I talk more about some of the strategies that can help open the heavens over every area of your life. If you have not downloaded your free copy yet, be sure and grab it today!

Doug Addison is the founder and president of InLight Connection. Doug is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast and blog. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where they are impacting the arts, entertainment and media industries.

116 thoughts on “Prophetic Word: 40 Weeks of Hard Labor Ends Now

1. Beatrice Simiyu says:

I receive this word in Jesus Name, may it start being manifested in my life from today in Jesus name

2. July 16, 2018, all during the day

The Word Creates By Words: Speak And Declare Freedom

Dip your pen in the (ink)well of crystals,
    where river speech will show,
    glowing garment’ music everywhere you go,
    bringing light from inside gemstones’ whistles

Living waters will pour out from the Crucified,
    as you are from My wounded side,
    thirsty to drink, streams flow from My throne,
    a heart beat from Me makes it known

3. God bless you, Brother Doug. This past year has been intensely difficult for our family, but we sense a divine shift in the last few days.

Funny thing, on January 19 your Daily Prophetic Word was, “Don’t worry. Sadness and sorrow will be swept away with laughter and joy.” I wrote that down and stuck it on my fridge, but I accidentally wrote the date as July 19. My son pointed out that maybe it was not a mistake and now, here we are. It is July 19 and we have begun to see evidence of a shift in our circumstances. We have also begun to sense the Lord’s presence and receive his instruction more clearly and easily, even since last night.

We appreciate your prophetic insight. I often quote you in my daily journal. You are blessing to the body. May the Lord greatly bless you.

Teresa
    PEI, Canada

4. Emilia Peratikou says:

Hi Thank you that’s very encouraging.
    God bless you. It’s time to rise up and take what the Lord has in store for us.

Emilia

5. Channie Gittens says:

Hi Doug,
    I have been following you for awhile. Your ministry
    Had been a great encouragement. Still can’t give but hopefully soon. I am so glad for this email. Since I keep saying this past year has been the hardest ever, now I know why. Thank you. I know He will bless you for your perseverance.
    Sincerely, Channie

6. Yasmin Travers-Johnson says:

Dear Doug I enjoy you, your books, your daily prophecies, the Website, your humility and love for God’s people. Keep on doing what God has for you. May God bless you and your family continuously.

7. Nicollette Farrington says:

I have really been through so much and still going thru but pray an reminded God of all the prophecy that was sent thru is prophet. still holding on to God promised for the deliverence an trusting in him.

8. Katherine says:

Thank tou, Doug🍇 I search my email everyday – to read your daily word first. So often, I am encouraged in what God is already working in my life. 😬

I’m so glad you are encouraged by Doug’s Daily Prophetic Words. God bless you Katherine!

9. Nicola Evadney Williams says:

Amen. This is so good to know Doug. This season has been or is very difficult. No help to the left or right, but I look to God and persevere. I will trust Him in the hard places, even though it seems He is not even there. Bit I have come to realise that silence does not mean He is afar or absent. I know He will make a way where they seem like no way.
    Last night I was talking to Him about this unusual season I am in, no man to help me. Then He (God)said be still. I then saw a vision of a whirlwind approaching me. No matter the storms life throw at me I will not move. Equally God can bring rapid change.

10. Shirley miller says:

I have experienced all that you speak of I’m this word… I agree and receive… thank you so much for this timely word..

Sincerely
    Shirley Miller

11. Chris Colt says:

If you only knew how this literally confirmed all the Lord has done in the last year. I am so grateful I keep journals and dates. I can literally go back and have dates dead on to this or within a few days. The shift is here and this has been the most intense, humbling, honoring and yeah tear filled season of life. It may look so impossible what is next but that has God written all over it!! So ready to honor what he does going forward!!!

That is so awesome you keep journals Chris! I am glad you are getting confirmation. God bless you!

12. Sabrina Lewis says:

Awesome, Timely Word! I receive it: It’s Confirmation of what God has spoken to me! Praise God! Hallelujah! May the LORD GOD strengthen the Man of God: Doug Addison!

13. Robin Ricks says:

Wow, what an awesome and encouraging word!! When I woke up this morning, immediately I heard, “This is a new day in the Spirit”! I had no idea what it meant, but this confirms that it was the Lord, and explains what He meant! Thank you, Doug, for your ministry and your faithfulness to the Lord!!!

14. KAREN POWERS says:

Doug…thank you for your timely word today!!! The Holy Spirit repeated throughout the night to me, that things are going to start happening fast…suddenly…one thing on the heel of another…
    When I opened up my eyes this morning 7 am the Holy Spirit says “You are coming out of the bunker”…simultaneously I saw myself coming out of the bunker!!!

15. Sherry says:

Yahooooo what a word!! I praise God for your gifting!!
    If I have had dreams and I am in need of interpatation how do I contact you? Or is this something you do not do?

16. Violet says:

Greatful for this message, It’s been evident that God is about to birth new things in our lives. For me I have beehave been travailing since June, and now even physical pain accompany each prayer session. God is great, blessed be his name.

17. Cindy says:

Beautiful timing! As we read Moses’ and Miriam’s song this morning. It has definitely been 40 weeks of hard labor for our NPO. Blessings to you for your work!

18. RACHEL KACSUR says:

Yes!!! Doug, this is so right on! My husband saw me taken away in an ambulance and truly thought he’d never see me alive again. Now I’m home, better than ever… and our marriage has kicked into awesomeness. Thank you for your faithfulness to the Lord. You are such a blessing<3

19. Richard Shankster says:

You are the only leader who has said that certain of us can have a “Job’s trial”-type of calling. This is my case. I have been very isolated for the last 24 years, awaiting my “Job chapter 42” recompense. I have experienced very severe trials, but am looking forward to a great and miraculous breakthrough very soon. Thank you for your ministry and encouragement to us. “I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.“ (Ps. 27)

20. Rhonda Pooley says:

Because of a severe ailment that began in sept/oct last year (it literally prevented me from speaking freely!) and the intense time of warfare that ensued to bring me into victory, this really resonated with me. I’m getting ready for that open heavens !

21. Francie Robertson says:

Oh Praise the Lord!!! Doug I have been waiting on God for a NEW SONG as that is exactly what I felt deep down God was whispering into my spirit. Nothing had been coming through as yet however after reading this empowering word from you – His still small voice is as CLEAR as it can get for me. What a confirming & encouraging word!!!

22. Debra Godinez says:

I have had many spontaneous sounds come out of me while driving to and from work. And Father has given me 3 warning dreams in the past week…All good to keep me safe and on track. I look forward to the shift out of the 40 weeks of hard work because it has been hard.

23. Brenda Lee says:

40 weeks ago my husband and I started talking about moving. This was going to be a major life change for me in particular.
    In 40 weeks time, I got a new job and we are buying a house which closes on July 26.
    In this 40 week time frame, we have begun to have revelation about our new assignments which involves praying for revival and restoration for the city and region we are moving to.

That is amazing Brenda! Bless you and your husband as you pray for revival in your new city!

24. Nondumiso says:

What a great confirmation, now everything makes sense. I thank God that in my times of trial I have been standing firm in His word and trusting Him, now I believe He has been preparing me for this. Thank You Lord.

25. Ruthie Burkhalter says:

Well you’re not kidding Doug has been a lot of warfare stuff that I have never seen. But we are victorious and we counted all his joy. And we Definitely holding to his promises.

26. Michele says:

Thank you! I needed this word. I almost applied for a job which probably would have taken me right back into Egypt. I believe God said to check my phone first and I found this word. Please pray that my current job which I love will provide more opportunities for wealth and favor.

Hey Michele! Agreeing with you for the right job for this season of life. God bless you!

27. Kathryn Heis says:

A month ago I dreamed I was pregnant ready to deliver. I am a77 year young retired nurse. No Sarah then last week 2 nites in a row I dreamt I was pregnant. Then last nite 2 older women delivered 2 small babies & gave them to me to look after.
    I am a retired nurse who looked after premiers in the NICU. But I don’t think these dreams where about that. Liked what I read. Interesting eh.

28. Jeremiah Johnson says:

I will admit that I am new to the prophetic side of things. I have been in the battle of my life for a little over two years. During this time, I have experienced many wonderful blessings that were truly miracles. But I have fought to the point of exhaustion and almost decided to pack up the car and drive away, never to return. But, God has patiently walked me through some dark days.. until yesterday. In one day, my Father fixed the three biggest problems in my life, within 24 hours! I am struggling to find the words to praise him adequately! Although I am following you with baby steps… Doug, thank you for your insight and your daily encouragement. They have been just as valuable as the air that I breathe. God Bless!

God bless you Jeremiah! I am so glad that you are persevering. God is for you and not against you, so keep it up :). God bless you!

29. Lisa Lipman says:

I love your ministry Doug. I love how God works through you. It really grows my own confidence in God’s unique ministry for me.

30. Hadassah says:

Dear Doug and InLight Prayer Team,

I’m near the edge and falling over the precipice with barrage after barrage of attacks by the enemy. I want to press in but it’s been so exhausting. Really want to claim this is indeed the word for me, that I’m indeed coming out the birth pains and that God does have something much better, mightier in store for me. Please pray and agree with me!

31. Elsje Henstock says:

Oh my. Oh my.
    This Prophetic Word by Doug Addison is so profound for me.
    The Lord promised me at the beginning of 2017 that October is the month of breakthrough.
    October came and went. Nothing. Nothing but frustration and disappointment.

The spiritual warfare literally started in October where i got tempted to fall in to sin again and drink wine again. I did fall but God is faithful and on 15 November exactly a month after i started drinking wine again i recieved a Word from an old colleague via messaging. It was from Judges 13:3-6

The angel of the Lord appeared to her and said, “You are barren and childless, but you are going to become pregnant and give birth to a son. 4 Now see to it that you drink no wine or other fermented drink and that you do not eat anything unclean. 5 You will become pregnant and have a son whose head is never to be touched by a razor because the boy is to be a Nazirite, dedicated to God from the womb. He will take the lead in delivering Israel from the hands of the Philistines.”

So that convinced me that I was ‘pregnant’ with a deliverance ministry. So i stopped with the wine drinking.
    I have also underwent tremendous pruning and spiritual attack at work the last 3 months. With lots of tears and self doubt.

On the morrow of 18 June 2018 I had a dream where the number 40 was highlighted to me…this was exactly one month before my birthday. God showed me that the number 40 represents a shift in season. A new era.

It was my birthday on Wednesday, 18 July, this week. The week of the close of the 40 weeks. The week of birth on my birthday.

I lost my voice on Sunday 15 July. The week of the 40th … Hahaha… 😱 Hahaha…
    I am only starting to get it back today.
    Oh my. Oh my. 😂😂😂.

On the morning of my birthday the Lord spoke to me just before i got up and gave me Psalms 9:1
    “I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart. I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you. I will SING praises of your name O Most High.”

I started singing a spontaneous song on 24 May while doing my make up. “come to the altar. Come to the altar. Bring your addiction. Bring your shame. Bring your shortcomings to the Altar”.
    This is a season of the breaking of bondages. I believe the Lord is about to move. Hallelujah. Hallelujah.
    I was just getting discouraged today and then you sent this Prophecy. I am soooo Blessed. Wow. 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Thank You Jesus…..

32. Lana Schaubhuth says:

I have been laboring for my daughter Adelle’s salvation, July 17 20 yrs ago I was in physical labor with her (I raised her in The Lord.. but the enemy stole her in her teens by her worldly father thru $.., let her get into dark things & living with boys unmarried in his house (!) 🙁 She is turning twenty this week and I missed her teen yrs… I claim her back to /In /for The Lord Jesus and restoration in our relationship ‘In The Lord’ In Jesus Name (I have also been seeing 11:11 and 1:11 for a long time now..I receive this as the thousand fold blessing to be poured into my (& my child’s) Life!!! Thank You for agreeing with me for her (ps .. before i knew I was preg. with Adelle Elice (I named her in honor of The Lord..Elice is fem. form of Elisha..20 yrs ago I had no idea what The Lord would be doing today (Elisha revolution!) I literally ‘heard’ a small voice call “Mommy!’ in and around me at the same time a week before I learned i was expecting! I believe The Lord allowed me to hear her spirit come into me from Heaven!!! <3 God Is So Awesome!!!

I am agreeing with you Lana for your daughter to come to know the Lord! Bless you for being such a praying mom. Your prayers for your daughter are so powerful! God bless you!

33. annah charlie says:

thank you because today I woke up with a conviction that I should go deeper in praise or in prayer or to listen to a strong message

34. Eunice Ohlmann says:

July is the end – its complete. and August the eighth month is the beginning of our mission. I rejoice for what I’ve been given. We need to be about his work
    all the time, especially now, the time is now for harvest.

Thank you for your daily words and all the other wonderful works you make available. God bless you Doug!

For some reason my daily prophetic word is not coming in my emails. But I can still get them from your web.

35. Hi Doug, The period you are talking about marked probably the hardest time in my life as I was the main caregiver of my mother who was suddenly eating and drinking less and all functions declining, all the while I was hoping and praying that she would recover. I prayed so intensely that though mom was sleeping she was physically responding to my prayers and I was encouraged. But she continued to decline and finally the day before Passover of this year my sister and i had Communion with her and she left into Jesus’s arms. She was 105. Now my life is set to honor Jesus and Mom. I’m ready to bring the Kingdom to Palo Alto, Mtn View and Sunnyvale. Ps: I played golf with Linda b4 you got married. She’s a good golfer.

I’m so sorry about your loss William. Losing a loved one is always incredibly hard. Bless you and you continue to be a blessing to all you meet. And that is awesome about playing golf with Linda! Ha!

36. Mrs.Rosetta Deen- Turay says:

I want to thank you for your words of wisdom, prophecies which I daily read.Very uplifting to for me to know some one out there is interceding on my behalf.May the Lord continue to use you for His glory,in Jesus’ name, amen.

37. Roxelle Rita says:

This is amazing ! Thank you for this wonderful word.
    October 2017 is when I gave birth to my daughter and July 18 and marks my birthday. It has been the most of vulnerable time of my life and the most I’ve ever felt of weakness. Just last Friday I even watch a kid movie about MaryS Journey before giving birth to Jesus. Feel like this word was meant for me and I’m glad I opened this on Instagram . God is so good!

38. Cheryl says:

I expectantly receive that Word. It is amazing to me.
    On October 11,2017 came home Suddenly after being gone for 3 years. God has been healing and restoring us these 40 weeks.

39. Hi Thank you that’s very encouraging.
    God bless you. It’s time to rise up and take what the Lord has in store for us. This word rings so true and brings me great hope and clarity regarding what God is doing in the epoch.

40. KiKilow says:

I have a difficult time since summer last year, and I still dont see any change happening in my life. Does this 40 days prophetic words still apply to my life? 🙁

41. Gabrielle cox says:

This is so on point…confirmation it’s like the Lord speaking all over again to me…God bless and keep you