Think You Blew Your Destiny? Not Too Late | Doug Addison

Think You Blew Your Destiny? Not Too Late

not too late blog

Have you ever felt you missed your destiny with God? Well, take heart. You are not alone and in fact, it is not too late. Read on to see what you can do right now to jump back into your destiny in God and learn from someone in the Bible who blew it.

Jesus’ Offer

Let’s take a look at a great example of someone missing their destiny in the Bible. In Luke 18:18–25, Jesus was nearing the end of His ministry on Earth with only a few weeks left before He was to fulfill His destiny by dying on the cross. A rich young leader asked Him what he should do to inherit eternal life. Jesus answered him with the steps the young man needed to take and then went on to tell him that he lacked one thing—the young man needed to give his money to the poor and follow Him.

Missing His Big Chance

The young man went away discouraged because it would have cost him all his wealth.

Some people think that Jesus was saying we should not have wealth. I see it from a different angle.

I think this rich, young man had an opportunity to be close to Jesus and would most likely have been the replacement for Judas, who handled the finances for Jesus’s ministry. Jesus may very well have been trying to find a successor for Judas as one of the 12 disciples.

Since the young leader had not been following Jesus for 3 years like the rest, Jesus may have been trying to fast-track him into being a disciple. This would have required the man to quickly let go of the things that were holding him back—love of money and his earthly possessions. So, the rich young man missed his finest destiny of being very close to Jesus, when time was short.

God’s Many Chances

Although the rich, young leader chose not to give up everything as Jesus asked, he could still achieve his destiny of being a follower of Jesus like many others. But, he would not be fast-tracked and close to Jesus as a disciple.

If you feel like you blew your big chance to fast-track into your destiny, do not worry. God gives lots of chances, choices and help along the way.

How to Jump Back into Your Destiny in God

Finding and fulfilling your destiny is not as hard as you might think. Building your life on a firm, spiritual foundation allows you to accomplish all that God has in mind for you.

Here are some very important steps to fast-track you into your destiny:

• Believe that you can achieve what God destined for you! Half the battle is in our head.
  • Look for things that ignite passion within you.
  • Take small steps consistently.
  • Find someone who is doing what you want to do and study what they have learned.
  • Do something today in the area you would like to pursue. Read a book about it, do internet research, make a phone call, sign up for a class or get some practical training. It is never too late.

What Happened to the Rich Leader?

This young man may have suffered from what I call spiritual identity theft. He told Jesus that he had obeyed all the laws and felt he was doing what was right. He knew there was a higher purpose in his life. Satan used a strategy of greed to hold him back from a greater destiny.

More Help with Your Destiny

To help you find your destiny more quickly, I have written a book called Spiritual Identity Theft Exposed. And I have other resources on destiny that will help you by clicking here.

Please let me know by leaving me a comment below. I am excited to see people go after their destiny in God and want you to get there too.

P.S. It is so important for people to understand about the deceptive, spiritual identity theft happening throughout the world. Dive deeper into understanding this type of attack, and how to protect yourself from it, in my book Spiritual Identity Theft Exposed.

Doug Addison is a prophetic speaker, author, life coach and stand-up comedian. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast and blog. Doug’s message of love, hope and having fun reaches people around the world! His unique style of teaching and coaching helps open people to discover their destiny and experience God’s supernatural love and power. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California.

31 thoughts on “Think You Blew Your Destiny? Not Too Late

1. Mara says:

I loved this insight into the rich young leader. It made me realize things that appear as “bad news” or delays, are actually God’s brilliance at work for good in our lives. Of course that’s how His nature is. To get caught up in a world view of ‘mine, don’t take it away’…vs. ‘God’s and His miraculous way of multiplication and blessing if we say “yes” to His “yes’s”. Anyway…this was compact and timely and a blessed word. Thank you!

2. Rex Kikala says:

Hello Doug,
    Greetings in Jesus Name!
    Yes, this message has blessed me so much now. I thought I have missed my chance serving the Lord after so many waisted years.
    However, the Lord God showed hell to me in mid 1980s in a clear dream and told me to go and Preach the Gospel.He asked me to read Jude 23.
    I have a burning desire to Preach the Word in my country and elsewhere. Please pray for me today and keep up the good work.
    In His arms,
    Rex Kikala.
    Papua New Guinea.

3. Rachael says:

This resonates deeply with me and the circumstances in my life in the last 2 years. I have had more than one dream about these kinds of things and had yet another last night. I’m feeling scared that I am missing the chances meant for me to take because there are so many coming at me that it is overwhelming at times. I have a supernatural peace in it but I am still concerned that I am not taking action in the right places. I’m praying for God to correct my path and submitting my heart to Jesus daily.

4. priscilla park says:

Thanks for your teachings . They were so healpful, I have read your book about dreams but I feel that I need more since I dream everynight. Do you still have classes ? I am in LA area .

5. Glynis Cozza says:

Great perspective on an encounter that up until now we probably have reread over way too quickly. In particular, I appreciate the “important steps to Fast Track” that you outlined. Super helpful for people of all ages and stages!

6. Carter says:

We Decree this is our Quantum Year! God is putting us on the fast track for sure Prophet! Thnx for the encouraging words as usual, hope to see you Sat in Akron, Ohio.

7. Amber s says:

Thanku for sharing about missed opportunities concerning destiny in Christ.
    This last season I had blundered, tantrumed, didn’t show up and thought…wow! I missed the wind of God.
    Only to BELEIVE in this new season and new year I didn’t miss a thing, I am being processed for the suddenly change God is doing in my life.
    Thanku for being an authentic , common ground representative of the kingdom of God in earth.
    Amber s.
    Erie, pa.

8. Nicole says:

Hi Doug, I appreciate you listening and obeying God. I needed to hear this Word, although at the time I didn’t know I needed to hear it. I’m back on track now because of God’s grace. God bless you!

9. Joyce says:

I am just waiting, trusting and believing God for my destiny. I have had words of knowledge back in 1997 when I first was saved. He has me in a waiting position as I am learning from life what he needs me to know or do, etc. In so doing I keep getting closer to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Some of these lessons have been frustrating and or painful. But now I feel better than I ever have, having learned these lessons. How ever once in a great while I may slip up. I just keep pressing on to the higher goal. It’s been 17 years. Has it been easy, no not all the time. I AM JUST TRUSTING HIM. It’ only been a year at the most that I can say I truly trust him. I said all that to say this never give up or never let discouragement get in the way of what the lord Jesus is doing in us. Doug thanks for the encouragement. We all need it.
    Let us all keep on loving, that’s the secret. Love, Joyce

10. Marys Irina says:

¡Thanks! Gracias por esta palabra, una vez más confirmo que el gran amor de Dios, es infinito. Le escribo desde Colombia. Bendiciones Doug.

11. Mando rodarte says:

Doug, you so nailed it. I know a lot of folks that feel lethargic and even stuck in slumber and depression bcus they don’t know what to do. All want a quick miracle, but you provided simple wisdom on how to get back in saddle!

12. Jackie says:

Thanks Doug for this on time word! I was afraid I had missed the only opportunity I had to step into something. It has been nearly a year but I am consistently praying that God will bring around another opportunity.

13. Wow! Really encouraging! I never thought of the situation with the rich young ruler being one where Jesus may have been testing him to see if he was an appropriate replacement for Judas. We think we know what God is doing much of the time, but this certainly suggests we do not or may not even think to consider beyond our near-term focus. Thanks for highlighting this and for the insights on destiny-walking! You are a wonderful encourager, teacher and friend to many who hunger to walk with God more closely. God bless you and your team!

14. Jean says:

Yes , this message was an insight and direction for me , and right on time message ; last night out Pastor spoke on don’t miss your destiny .

15. Debbie says:

Thanks for your insight. I am really struggling right now in my job, want to be doing other things but wasn’t sure which way to turn.

I always enjoy reading on your website and listening to you. Thank you!

16. Kristin Kavanaugh says:

This was very helpful. I love to dance and God has said to me “prophetically ” that I am a dancer. I had a trainer who was terrible to me. I kept thinking because a new door didn’t come for a new trainer that God just didn’t wang it for me somehow? I don’t have the money for classes right now. I’m praying for a miracle to have the “money” to go learn in NY.
    I’ve been waiting and waiting on The Lord and I don’t kind why I can’t hear Him… Or get revelation for my life. 🙁
    Pray for me?
    Kristin Kavanaugh

17. Denise says:

Amen!!!! It is never too late. I thought I missed an opportunity this summer in the state of Texas. I actually just started to pray and ask God to confirm His heart about this to me and show me in ways that I would see it! Wow! Everytime I turn around He shows me something about Texas! I could write a small pamplet about how He is showing me. He loves us! Timing is everything in the Kingdom!! You hit it again Doug! Thanks, and continued blessings to you and yours.

18. john aremu says:

I dreamt I was solving maths,that was long time ago.And i was enjoying it.Suddenl when I raised up my head to solve the next everything disapear and a new maths problem appeared on the board;I was struggling that I dont want the new maths problem but the old:I woke up.It was long time ago.What do u think?

19. That’s a really profound thought. I was thinking about how the guy would have been able to sell everything so quickly. But who knows, maybe God would have worked it out, or maybe Jesus could have even had a word of knowledge that maybe the rich guy already had an offer for his stuff/home/whatever on the table that he was considering. Just a random thought.

20. Kat says:

Thanks for the timely word, been following your teaching for the past five years. God gave me an idea for a book in 1997 and I have yet to finish it, in spite of being told to do so a few times. The book digs deep into my wounded soul, so I didn’t want to do it for a long time. With no job and no car, I sit in a chair all day and write, trying to finish before the end of the month. Your prophetic words for the day are also very insightful, encouraging and helpful!
    Thank you oh so much for your ministry, if I get rich from the book, I’ll be sure and share the wealth!

21. jenni says:

Thank you! I receive! I feel like I missed the boat completely. This word gives me a hope. I can’t begin to describe how this Word has encouraged me. I know God has placed promises in my life. I wait thinking I missed it.

22. Muzala says:

Thank you for this word Doug. I am going through this right now – I have blown it big time despite my pastor’s counsel on the situation. I am asking God to guide and restore me according to His Purpose.

23. Morgan says:

This page is one of countless that I’ve read over the past seven months. In 2015 God really showed up in my life and for that one year life was the best it had ever been for me. Unfortunately, that time was cut short by a really stupid mistake I made that caused me to pull away from God and I’ve been miserable and depressed ever since knowing what I could have possibly had. This whole situation has broken me so much that I’ve given up on life knowing that I’ll never be who I was before it happened again. I missed my chance to have a truly blessed life no matter how many people tell me I’m wrong and know that I’m living the rest of my life going without in comparison to my brothers and sisters who didn’t make as badly of a mistake as I did. 🙁