How to Pray with Shameless Audacity! | Doug Addison

How to Pray with Shameless Audacity!

Get ready to receive new strategies, as God is now downloading the things you will need over the next few months.

The enemy has been over-attacking you and trying to make you think God is doing it. He’s trying to get you angry at God and other people so that he can accuse you. But God is releasing a strategy to help you get out of these negative cycles.

Many people have been under “house arrest” because they have been misunderstood, even by those in the House of God. In Genesis chapters 40 and 41, Joseph was put on house arrest until it was his time to come on the scene and release what God had given him.

I saw this happening with many people, and now is the time to come out! The Lord is putting you on His timetable and releasing a strategy for your unveiling. This is a time to hear God more than ever before!

This Is Not the Time to Give Up!

Just after Jesus taught on the Lord’s Prayer (Luke 11), He told two parables to activate it. One was about a man who needed bread in the middle of the night, so he came to a friend’s house and persisted in asking until he got it.

I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity he will surely get up and give you as much as you need. So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Luke 11:8–10 NIV

In other words, A.S.K. Ask, Seek, Knock. Sometimes people don’t realize that if what they’re praying for was not happening, then asking, seeking and knocking is linked right in with Jesus instructing His disciples to continue asking God with shameless audacity!

Believe God Wants to Answer You

After that, Jesus shared another parable that explains God’s heart as a Father. Understanding that God is a loving Father provides confidence and trust that God will speak to us.

“Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Luke 11:11–13 NIV

If we have a preconceived belief that God is harsh or militant, we will interpret the things He says to us through a filter of fear. But God is a good, loving Father who gives good gifts to His children. That includes you!

Go beyond believing that God wants to speak to you, and know that you can get bold and trust God to answer you. If you already hear Him—ask for more. Ask, seek and knock with shameless audacity!

This is a season to position yourself to receive by getting ahold of what God is saying. If you are ready to go to the next level in hearing, then get my How to Know God’s Voice and Timing: Listen Up and Discern workshop today!

Get expectant and ask the Lord to give you the revelation you need to hear Him more clearly than ever before!

Doug Addison is the founder and president of InLight Connection. Doug is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast and blog. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where they are impacting the arts, entertainment and media industries.

38 thoughts on “How to Pray with Shameless Audacity!

1. Bert Smith says:

Thank you Doug for this encouraging stuff, in Gods Word, I’m so grateful to God that in the middle of all my mess he’s still giving me reassurance within myself, and through your ministry to grow up in him , thanks all of you guys at in light connection, God has truly Blessed us , Praise God:)

Wohoo! I am so glad you were encouraged Bert! We are delighted to be a resource for you! Bless you!

2. Viviann Harvey says:

Dear pastor Doug,
    Amazing insight…these negative cycles of attack, being angry at God and others, meant to be the source of of accusation against me…by the Accuser…
    and the parable of the man who came at midnight to get needed bread, in Luke 11…
    THANK you for posting this!
    I need this awareness!

3. Viviann Harvey says:

Thank you for this article; it is amazing how the accuser sets us up for more accusation.
    thanks for the insights of the parable in Luke 11, the an asking his neighbor for bread at midnight.
    That is truly insightful and amazing!

4. Carol Clemance says:

A. S. K. is exactly what the Lord has been saying to me this week! Thank you, Doug, for your faithful ministry to us! May God supply for your every need!
    Carol

I love that Carol! Getting confirmation from God is always so fun. God bless you!

5. AUDREY SOON says:

OMG!!! It was just yesterday in Prayer & Fasting at Church, I said to GOD, You said in your word, that we should Ask, Seek, Knock (for our brethrens)… & now to see it here today is just confirmation at its finest!! And, yes…I too have been under house arrest for some time now… but, I know my release is SOON!!! Thank you JESUS!! Audrey

6. Cynthia Derrick says:

Amen Allelujah Jesus Glory To God From Zion Thanks Doug For All That You Do To Bless The Body Of Christ Much Godly Love From Your Sister In Christ On This Side Of The Kingdom.

7. Cindy says:

Exactly, I would not have known how to put it into words but house arrest sounds right on.
    I am believing for more Holy Spirit to pray for healing and see results but also to experience my Father more than words on a page! Thank you for your encouragement!

I am believing with you Cindy for full healing and for you to experience the Father more. God loves you so much!

8. Renee says:

Wow, ask for more…that right there out an arrow in my heart. It’s not being selfish to ask for more because He is our heavenly Father. Thank you!

• Viviann Harvey says:

…and.. this is such a great encouragement… I continue for my sister and all family in need of healing, with MUCH more confiedence..
        Thank you Nikki and all InLight Connection team!

Bless you for being such a prayer warrior Viviann! You are a blessing to your family.

9. Chama walobele says:

Thanks for the encouraging words i will keep asking, seeking God with shameless audacity until he comes through for my family in Jesus name

10. Sheila says:

Thank you Doug for this awesome word! It confirms what I had heard from the Lord this morning. I was awakened at 10:10 and heard John 10:10. The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. God is so good!

11. Stephanie says:

Thank you for this site. This one today came right on time. There strange times when anxiety wants to take over when I get ‘bad news’ but I fight the negativity. This post calmed my spirit and mind. Ain’t giving up and praying with audacity!

I am so glad Doug’s words were able to bring peace and hope. Bless you Stephanie!

12. Drema Hearn says:

I can see that I have allowed the enemy to operate against me thus way today. Right on time word for me to grab hold of!

Bless you for being able to see how the enemy was operating in your life. You are an overcomer!

13. Kim Harris says:

Yessss!! I’m holding on to and believing these words! I’m not giving up on the promises, Lord!! Thank you, Doug, for the encouragement!

14. N says:

Hi Doug, thank you for this in time Word of God. I needed the encouragement and hopefully this will be it for me that I will be ready to leave the Wilderness Season I’m in.

Thank you for sharing with us. I noticed in your comment you wrote this was only for Doug to see, so I removed most of your posting and adjusted your name. Doug is not doing one-on-one counseling but you can have a chance to ask him a short question once a month on Spirit Connection in the live chat box. You can also interact with Doug and his team through his online ministry school Hearing God 365. If you do not currently have a community this would be a wonderful option. If you have any questions please feel free to email us at help@dougaddison.com. Praying for you now.

15. Audrey says:

This is exactly what I need to feed on. There is a lot happening in our family, sickness, that we lose sight of Gods promise. Thank you very much for the encouragement.