Prophetic Word for August: 50 Days to Breakthrough | Doug Addison

Prophetic Word for August: 50 Days to Breakthrough

Watch for the next 50 days to be full of a lot of changes. Between now and the end of Rosh Hashanah (September 21–22), which is the Jewish New Year, God is aligning you for what is coming in the new year. You will see situations and circumstances suddenly turn around in unusual and unexpected ways. The spiritual atmosphere is changing and what was once difficult will become easier.

I heard the Lord say, “What looks like a loss will become your gain. Be sure to wait and watch as new doors and opportunities begin to open for you.”

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2 NIV

What would have taken many people a lifetime to achieve will be accomplished in a short time. God is going to start moving radically in your life over the next few months. Stay focused, watch and pray.

Get ready to be stretched

Things are being brought to the surface for the purpose of strengthening you so that you can cross into the new season at hand. God is doing things outside of your comfort zone that may stretch your understanding.

We are being challenged right now to move into new levels of understanding. A new wave of revelation is being released that will help us progress into more effectiveness. It will require us to let go of some current beliefs and actions that are no longer relevant for today.

Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. Isaiah 54:2 NIV

Trials will bring advancement

It will be important to not resist or run from the trials and testing that are coming. Testing is not a bad thing and God is going to use it to prepare you for the advancements and promotions that will be happening over the next few months.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2–4 NIV

We are in a time of the Lord’s fire coming to test our works.

… their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 1 Corinthians 3:13–14 NIV

Words of life required

New power and authority are coming upon your words. You will need to be careful what you say, because your words can be spiritual life or death. They can build up and tear down—especially in the season we are now entering.

Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered.

When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. “How did the fig tree wither so quickly?” they asked.

Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done.” Matthew 21:19–21 NIV

Jesus said that our words could uproot obstacles as well as cause things to wither. It is interesting that He said, “May you never bear fruit again!”… And also, “[You can] do what was done to the fig tree.”

We need to be very careful that we are not speaking withering words over ourselves or others. We need to speak fruitful words and have fruitful thoughts. When we speak negative things, it can cause our spiritual and creative lives to wither and no longer bear fruit.

God showed me that this is the condition of many people today. They have spoken over themselves, or have been spoken over by someone else, which has caused their gifts and spiritual fruit to dry up.

God is now giving us an opportunity to reverse this. We need to recognize areas of our lives that once flourished but are now withering. We can speak over these areas with prayers like, “Be fruitful and no longer wither!”

Getting greater authority

Our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. Note that just before Jesus withered the fig tree and talked about spiritual authority, He cleansed the temple and drove out anything that was not of the Lord (Matthew 21:12–13). He then went on to heal the blind and the lame.

We need to cleanse our temples. We can do this by getting inner healing and repenting from anything that is contrary to God’s Word. This will allow us to open up spiritual blindness and get healed of being spiritually lame, or not being able to walk in our destiny.

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Mathew 21:22 NIV

As we take care of these things, we will enter into a place of greater authority in prayer. The next 50 days is going to be an amazing time that will align us with God’s destiny. Do not be discouraged if it does not line up exactly on the calendar. God is full of grace and we can step into His power for our lives at any point.

Be encouraged and get ready to cross over into a new season!

P.S. Have you ever received a prophetic word but not sure what to do with it or how to apply it to your life? My book God Spoke, Now What? Activating Your Prophetic Word will guide you in how to respond after God speaks to you—and how to understand God’s timing.

Doug Addison is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast and blog. Doug’s message of love, hope and having fun reaches people around the world! His powerful, positively funny teaching style and coaching helps open people to discover their destiny and experience God’s supernatural love and power. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where he is impacting the arts, entertainment and media industries.

50 thoughts on “Prophetic Word for August: 50 Days to Breakthrough

1. Ursula says:

Please pray for my household. Speaking Life and praying and have sow seeds into this ministry and others generously with only having a part time job. Believe for abundance in our finances. Finances has been out problem for awhile and need deliverance. Thank you.

2. One day when I was studying the story of Jesus cursing the fig tree, the Lord showed He took away the fig’s tree purpose. Therefore it died.

Recently the Lord was revealing to me about cleansing His temple. He told me, “Healthy in, Healthy out.”

As I chose to only allow in my life what is Healthy or God’s will, my life has been transformed.

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

Amen Jeffrey! That is good. God only wants us to accept what is healthy or His will in our life. You are a strong man of God! Bless you!

3. Bankole.J says:

The messages is timely,it’s my sincere prayer that God will help us to be watchful in this seasons of God visitation.Amen

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

That is a great prayer, Bankole. I agree with that and pray that as well. Thanks for sharing!

4. Tricia Horn says:

God bless your prophetic anointing, Doug. You are a tremendous blessing to the Body of Messiah. We speak life, health, rest, prosperity and the fullness of your destiny in Him. I pray that you have even deeper revelation of the Grace the Lord has provided for you to glorify Jesus with every word, deed and thought. We love and bless you in the name of Jesus Christ!

5. Debbie Stevens says:

Wow! I just got these words at church last Sunday at a powerful encounter with the Lord:

Ahab and Jezebel you are conquered!
    Your spiritual drought has ended. Now go with confidence, knowing that I am your God! The spiritual atmosphere is cleansed.

Thank you Jesus for this confirmation!

6. Jason Workman says:

I had a dream/vision a week ago, I am not sure if it was to be or if it was symbolical. How can I determine?

7. Juelene says:

This is a great word just for me today I have been through so many trials and tribulations my life has been up and down pain hurt breaking in my heart so much if these next 50 days can be exercising lovely and surprising it would completely heal my heart but thank you for the word and I thank you for your prophetic standing thank you in Jesus name amen

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

Bless you, Juelene. Praying now that God comforts you during this time and draws you closer to Him. I know many that feel as you do and during these times it’s so important to have the right outlook like you do that God is going to heal and bring transformation!

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

Blessing you and your family now. May you all grow closer to God during this season and step into all He has for you! Be excited, God’s got you!

8. Robertson says:

Why do you say this? “The next 50 days is going to be an amazing time that will align us with God’s destiny. Do not be discouraged if it does not line up exactly on the calendar.”

Within 50 days means within 50 days, right? That means things should happen, correct? How can we be discouraged if it does not happen in 50 days? Why would it not line up on the calendar? By 50 days, did God mean consecutive days?

I interpret this to mean: there is a 50/50 chance something will change for you, but if it happens that it does not change, don’t be discouraged….is that what you mean? How do I partner my faith with this?

Please explain.

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

Great question Robertson. Doug is saying within the next 50 days, not a 50/50 chance. To partner with faith for this word, just claim it and make the moves suggested in the article, such as repenting, watching what you say, embrace the trials, etc. Bless you during this season!

9. Lynette says:

Wow! Doug. Yahweh has spoken so clearly to you. Thank you for confirming things he has shown and said to me. This lines up with what Ian Clayton, Justin Abraham and Nancy Coen are saying. It is a beautiful time we are in. The last lap of the relay. What an honor to be the generation to carry that baton!
    God bless you and keep you and shine his grace upon you. Many blessings!

10. Sequent says:

Thank you so much Doug for all your giving! your are a real Blessin to me, Thank you for being obedient to our Abba and helping us to become all that He wants us to be
    Blessins
    Sequent

11. Khomotso says:

Thank you for this post. It found me in a really timeof need to change my circumstances. Thank for empowering us with the word of God.

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

Your welcome Khomotso. I am so glad that it helped you during this time. That is the beauty of prophetic words! <3

12. This Word resonates completely in my spirit
    As I listen to Father’s heart I hear the same things.
    Actually almost Verbatim.
    I have been sharing this for some days now.

Even in the Fire we are Alive in Him.
    Galatians 2:20 is what we desire, so the flame and sword of the Spirit remove our dross as daily we pick up our cross.

More of Yeshua Messiah shining through us to them, and less of ourselves, our vision is clear, our Shepherd we follow ~ His voice only do we adhere.

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

That is awesome, Cheryl. I love getting confirmation for what God is saying. May this season be such a blessing to you and bring you closer to fulfilling all God has in store for you.

13. Bob Burke says:

Doug: You are such a precious brother sharing all that Holy Spirit has given you for us! I pray blessings over you and your loving wife. Keep up the tremendous work you are doing! Love you, Man, Bob Burke.

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

Thanks so much Burke. We appreciate your prayers and blessings. Bless you and your family as well. <3

14. Rad Carnahan says:

Right on !!! Good word… I’m praying for all the believers that hear this word!!! Be encouraged and fight the good fight. Great things ahead. I’m praying and agreeing for people’s finances , physical healing spirtual healings and MASSIVE break through’s.

15. Christina Alameda says:

Goodmorning Prophet Doug Addison thank You for this Powerful Prophetic Word. I’m in all You just popped up on my phone my first for me. I Thank GOD HIS Word I needed this It empowers me through these battles Amen Thank You Prophet Doug Addison please lift me in prayers. ALOHA And GOD BLESS You Always Sister Chrissy Honolulu Hi

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

Bless you, Christina! I am so glad the word encouraged you. God knows exactly what we need even when we do not. Praying now for you.

16. Alastair says:

Agreeing with your word Doug, this past 24months has been testing for us so agree for the 24 hour turn-around to happen, in finances, health and new employment. We have been going through a lot of deeper levels of cleansing these past few months with Katie Souza’s teachings also. Bless you and your ministry, your podcasts and daily prophetic words, may Jesus increase all that you do so that it bears more fruit.

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

Thank you, Alastair. Bless you and all God is doing in your and your families life. You will come out of this season stronger and even closer to God than ever before!

17. Martha Peoples says:

This devotional is lining up with Gods move(s) in my current stance. God is preparing me in everyway from everyside for elevation breakthroughs in every area of my life , My walk , My Destiny accordingly His Will. My Words most defintely have to change. I’m going through an unbelievably low place helping my mom and special needs brother she can no longer care for. I have lost so much. Continually trying to accept was is with no love in it towards me whatsoever, makes it that much harder. So Yes, I act out at times and pray all the time. I feel bound but have to stay in Gods Word. That and ministering in the choir keeps me somewhat grounded. So This Read Has Definitely inspired me. Thank You!
    M. Madonna
    *JustWantHisPlans

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

Awesome, Martha. You are doing such a good job. I can only imagine how hard that must be for you right now. I am praying that you are strengthened during this time. You are a wonderful woman of God. Bless you <3.

18. Maria says:

Please pray for complete breakthrough and healing To my thyroid , heart and eyes. I am so excited about this prophecy . For the past weeks the tide had been changing in ways I never expected with you finances and I know it will move to other areas in my life till God does a compete work in me and my husband.Thank you Lord Jesus.

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

Agreeing with you Maria for complete healing and breakthrough in all areas of your life. You are so precious to God.

19. Cynthia says:

I thank my God for even the remembrance of you,
    Your words of encouragements are such a blessing in this hour..

I am believing God for the miraculous in this season, its been a long dry season, but I trust God.
    God bless you

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

Amen Cynthia. Keep trusting God. He is so good and will never let you down, even when we do not understand. Bless you friend.

20. Maggie says:

Everyday I wake up excited because of the 50days, I praise the Lord daily and I tell him that I am waiting for him according to Psalm 130 and doughs prophesy.
    After 3 and half years of struggle and health issues, divorce, and loosing everything, I now have hope and Joy and I am expecting Gods grace in my life and blessings. It’s time and agree with Dougs prophesy.

• Nikki, InLight Connection Staff says:

I love your expectancy! That is so beautiful. I am praying for you now, that God realigns everything in your life. God is delighted with you that you choose Him during times of struggle. Bless you Maggie!