Seeing 11:11 or 1:11? A Deeper Look at the Number 11 | Doug Addison

Seeing 11:11 or 1:11? A Deeper Look at the Number 11

Have you been seeing the number 11 often? I am seeing 1:11 and 11:11 on the clock all the time.

Eleven is the number of transition. As it is often said, the 11th hour comes right before the start of a new day.

But the land you are crossing the Jordan to take possession of is a land of mountains and valleys that drinks rain from heaven. Deuteronomy 11:11 NIV

God’s promise to Israel in Deuteronomy 11:11 was that when they finally made it to the Promised Land, they would transition into a season in which they were under God’s continual blessing from the beginning of the year to the end.

Eleven is a very interesting number to study in the Bible. While we normally refer to it as a symbol of transition, 11 is also associated with revelation that will help transition us into something new and overdue.

A closer look at the number 11

The first mention of 11 in the Bible is in Genesis 32:22, when Jacob takes his wives and 11 sons on a journey to return to the land of his inheritance. He originally left because his brother Esau was angry that Jacob had stolen his birthright. Jacob began running from his destiny because of fear.

On the night mentioned in verse 22 (11 doubled), an angel visited Jacob and they wrestled until dawn. It was at this point that Jacob received the revelation that he was to change his name to Israel and transition into his destiny with much more clarity and boldness.

The 11th son

This took place when Jacob’s wife Rachel had just given birth to their 11th son, Joseph, who grew up to be a prophetic dream interpreter. It was in Genesis 30:22 that Rachel conceived Joseph (again we see 11 x 2 = 22).

Joseph’s major gifting was revelation and he was used to transition Israel into a new season of blessing during one of the biggest economic downturns on Earth.

In Genesis 31:11 Jacob is visited by an angel and is given revelation on how to prosper under his father-in-law Laban, who had been ripping him off. Jacob used this revelation to transition out of being robbed and into major prosperity and deeper maturity.

Interestingly, this took place while Rachel was pregnant with Joseph. It was Joseph who carried his father’s prophetic gifting far more than his brothers.

Transition and revelation

In Genesis 35:11 God speaks to Israel (Jacob) prior to his beloved wife Rachel dying during the birth of his 12th son, Benjamin. This was a time of both transition (losing a loved one) and also revelation: Jacob would continue to be fruitful and multiply. Benjamin carried his mother’s anointing of being loved and favored by his father.

The number 11 occurs during the transition of leadership and spiritual inheritance from Esau to Jacob. It is mentioned during a time of revelation on how to gain wealth and to expand the Kingdom of God on Earth. It is also the number of Joseph, who was instrumental in using revelation to bring both transition and prosperity.

Watch for new revelation

Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Luke 11:11 NIV

In Luke 11:11, Jesus releases new revelation that the Father is not mean or judgmental, as portrayed in the Old Testament. This is an example of transitional revelation.

Watch for God to provide deeper revelation about who He is and our calling to love the world.

P.S. I’ve been helping people for over 25 years discover an easier way to understand the deeper meanings behind their dreams. My book Understand Your Dreams Now: Spiritual Dream Interpretation will help you get to your dream’s meaning quickly with pinpoint accuracy—and also includes a Dream Dictionary of dream symbols, colors and numbers.

Doug Addison is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast and blog. Doug’s message of love, hope and having fun reaches people around the world! His powerful, positively funny teaching style and coaching helps open people to discover their destiny and experience God’s supernatural love and power. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where he is impacting the arts, entertainment and media industries.

102 thoughts on “Seeing 11:11 or 1:11? A Deeper Look at the Number 11

1. Lee says:

1:11 and 11:11 has been appearing on my multiple time watch or phone for the past 6+ months. This article has confirmed about transition. I just recently entered a tough season so Im wondering if thats also an indicator it is a sign before transition.

2. Khomotso Dorcas Maja says:

Good day Doug

May our good God keep you and preserve you for
    greatness.May He richly and abundantly bless your
    family going in and going out.You have really helped me so much in my daily Spiritual walk with Christ.
    You are a blessing and an angel in my life.I Love your
    whole family

kind regards
    Dorcas

Wow, Khomotso, thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate your blessing and kind prayers for Doug and his family. We love you too and pray that you are greatly blessed and receive all God has for you. <3

3. Ekeobong D. Utibe says:

I have been seeing the number 11 since college. I remember calling my mother asking her if God speaks through numbers and she said He can speak through anything. A few years later, I got a prophetic word confirming that God has been speaking to me through numbers and to do my research on the meaning of the number I see. I noticed that I saw the number 11 before major transitions in my life. I would start seeing it before I even knew that a transition would be coming, and it alerted me to be prepared for a shift. So I am grateful for the article. It just confirms that this is actually God and I’m not crazy and that this number does mean what I felt it meant.

Yes! You have a wise mama :). I love how you took notice of it at a younger age. Bless you and your ability to hear God.

Hello Latoya. Doug does not get prophetic words over the internet. I pray now that God gives your direction as to what to do next in this season of your life. Bless you!

4. Mary Kraynik says:

I ordered my material on dreams, over 3 weeks ago, when can i expect them? They were paid for, and the info said they were being sent.

5. AnnMarie says:

Just what I have been seeing a pocket watch at 11:00 ! Doug pray for me it’s been such a long agonizing wait. Lord come quickly I pray we love n need You so deeply! Thank you for confirming my visions via Doug
    ! Yeshua do what only You can do my Beloved 🙏❤️

6. Joshua J Lee says:

Wow I’ve been wondering why I see 11:11no’clock or 1:11 and sometimes 2:22 either that much everyday
    Myself and my wife kept asking these meaning in our spiritual journey in transition. Hallelujah Praise God! This prophetic message what we are exactly asking for this season. What a awesome God! I’m so excited and grateful to this message..Thanks Doug

I love that you are your wife were wondering about the numbers and how it related to your journey. It’s always good to take notice of these things and ask those questions. Bless you and your wife, may you both grow so much together <3.

7. Raya Perejogin says:

That’s interesting as I see 11:11 all the time and recently my husband and I stayed in a hotel and we were upgraded to 11 th floor and our room was 1111.
    Thank you for explaining..

How cool, Raya! I love when things like that happen. God is always speaking in such cool ways to us.

• Kathy Geyer says:

My son and I have been seeing 1111 for about nine months. I will get a prophetic e mail from Elijah List.
      at 1111, my grocery receipt was $11.11. I get texts at 11:11.

8. Rebecca Randolph says:

Hi Doug, This is a very timely and encouraging word for me. It brings confirmation for so many sudden and unexpected transitions in my life this summer. It also has given me greater clarity to why I am quite often and continuously seeing both 1:11 and 11:11. It has been increasing since June as well. I had considered writing you just a few days ago to elaborate on these numbers. Thanks so much for sharing. Really appreciate it.

9. Rob Filler says:

Doug thank you for your leadership and revelation you share daily, God has spoken to me constantly since I discovered you several months ago, 2017 has been a hard year, through my obedience and even disobedience God has continued to speak to me through your ministry, What I thought was going to be my best year ever hasn’t panned out..YET! I’m still believing though that the best is yet to come, Also I’ve seen 1:11 constantly for over a year! God Bless!

10. Tina says:

My goodness! Thank you for this. For almost a year and a half now I have not only being seeing 11:11 everywhere but a lot of double numbers. On clocks, address signs, sign posts…thank you for explaining this. I am laughing so hard right now.

Haha! Yay Tina! Yes, it is awesome to get revelation for something you’ve been wondering about for a while :).

11. Jurita Burger says:

Excellent read! I see the number before a big season usually, the first time was when my mother decided to go online with her business (I was helping with the transition) and I saw it again this year, and I absolutely love how God can have many meanings to one number 😀 I wanted to share with you the verse that was applicable for me in a previous season 🙂 It is Deuteronomy 1:11 NKJV: May the Lord God of your fathers make you a thousand times more numerous than you are, and bless you as He has promised you!
    A pastor on GodTV talked about the number and what it meant to her in that season, (saw this during the week number 111 was coming at me ) and for her it was financial increase, more than a 100fold, So I decided to sow an over and above to where God lead me, I received a 100fold return just 12 days after sowing 🙂 God is awesome ♥ and I love how he can use anything to talk to us, we just have to listen and pay attention

Thanks for sharing that Jurita. Yes, I too have seen 1:11 often and was told about that verse. I love it as it totally applied to my situation as well. You’re right, God is so awesome how He can talk to us through so many different ways. Bless you!

12. I have followed these words daily for 4 years and they have marked my life journey prophetically with acuracy and amazement. I have seen 11:11 so often that I have shared it with others. Today, again, I am in awe of Daddy Gods insight.

Oh wow, how cool! Thanks for being apart of InLight for so long. I love hearing stories like that. Bless you during this season of transition.

13. Laura Hoff says:

Hello Doug – I often see the numbers 44 or 444 and wondered if there was a spiritual meaning with these numbers as well. Blessings! Laura

14. Patty Stark says:

Thank You!!!
    Since March 24th I’ve been seeing 11:11 or 1:11. It started out once a month and has gotten more and more until now it’s daily! Even when it’s not 11:11 I see it, like last night i looked at my husbands clock and it showed 11:11, but it was really 10:45. He sets it early to get up in time. I’ve had no clue what it meant, and tried to find answers, but nothing as complete as this! We are in our early 60s and have been walking through unemployment off and on for 9 years, and are currently unemployed. I believe the provision that is coming will open a way to move forward in ministry as He has been preparing, teaching, and revealing Himself to us! I’m so excited to read this. It’s as if you wrote it specifically for Me! THANK YOU!

Aw, I love that Patty. Thank you for taking the time and reading it. Bless you and your husband, praying now that the Lord provides financial blessings for you guys.

15. Karen S. says:

Oh, wow! This is right on target for me. The Lord has shown me over the past several months the importance of the number 11 (and the number 22) in my life, and this really confirms what He has already shown me and also what He has in store! Thank you, Doug.

16. Kimberly Valentin says:

Thank you do much for that!! I have been seeing this for months! I also have been going through transition as well as grieving the death of my mother.It has been 7 months.I have searched for meaning about 11:11 but this article really helped me to see clearly why and what His is wanting me to know. Amen! Praise God!

You’re welcome Kimberly. I’m so sorry about your mother. That is never an easy thing. My heart goes out to you and your family. <3

17. Dr. Arleezah Marrah says:

Thank you. I have been seeing these number the summer and this just confirmed so much and the season that God has revealed that I am in. Praise God.

Awesome Dr. Areleezah! I love that you took notice of seeing them. Bless you during this season of transition, may you come out stronger than ever! 🙂

18. Tammy Williams says:

May the Lord Bless you Doug Addison !!! Thank you for your prophetic words.This number 11 you talk about, is one of the numbers we keep seeing,we see literally EVERYDAY,all of our computers,clocks even at work !!! WOW !!! !!!! When I read this ( thank you for the email) I cried so much,I was overwhelmed by the holy spirit as we have been waiting( and still are) for our breakthrough,this tells me so much. Can you please tell me , What does it mean when God has given you a month,day and year of a promise you expected and it hasn’t came to pass yet? ( date already passed) I hope you can give me some insight on this Thank you and God Bless.

Hey Tammy, it depends. It could be that it got delayed for some reason or you might of heard differently than what He was saying. You can go to God and ask Him what happened. It might take a little to get the answer but as you seek the answer from Him He will answer you in time. Praying now that God gives you insight on that date. Bless you <3.

• Tammy Williams says:

Thank you and God Bless you too.Yes I seek him everyday,many hours a day and week with him in my garden.I know God is good and it will come.Thank you so very much,Bless you

Wonderful, that is amazing you do that. I love your attitude, reminds me of that song, “He’s in the waiting.” Bless you.

19. Mark Sankey says:

Hey All of You with Doug:

I had been seeing 11:11 frequently but was hearing something different. I have been hearing it was time. IT spoke to me a yes from the Lord, from our Abba. In digital language, 0 is no and 1 is yes. The priests, I should say High Priest (like Jesus is for us), under the old covenant had the Urim and Thumim, stones in the breastplate he wore. David would consult the Lord for a yes and no. All God’s words to us are yes and amen in Christ. When we ask God for direction, He responds with yes or no, sometimes after a conversation in which He imparts understanding of the matter. Jesus said, “Let your yes be yes , and your no be no.” Everything else can get us distracted. I am listentening while I right. Oh, the times I have waffled, but He is so gracious and patient.
    When I was seeing 11:11, I heard great encouragement to keep right on going where I was headed. Four yeses from him are better than 1. Whoops, another 1! Hahaha.

Yes! Thank you so much for sharing Mark. I love that you have already been hearing God speak to you through this number. I bless your ability to hear God!

20. Lynn Mattina says:

This blog was so clear and helpful. I’ve seen 11:11 and 1:11 for years and years. This number has not been my friend. Through it I’ve lost a marriage, lost my father, lost my home due to job loss and had to move out of state – away from everything I know. I’ve been incredibly devalued in the business world. I’ve recently moved to Salt Lake City. This is a land of tall mountains and beautiful valleys. There is even a Jordan River south of here! This prophesy is a literal thing for me and my hope is returning knowing that I’m supposed to be here and the Lord will raise me up with my heart’s desire for my ministry destiny. Thanks Doug!

I am sorry for your losses Lynn. You are so precious to God. I pray now that the desires of your heart for ministry come to pass. Congratulations on the new move though, I have heard Salt Lake City is beautiful. May this new season be filled with such joy and passion for all the things God is doing in your life!

21. I follow you on FB, I saw this referendum just now on your wall.

Such a profound word.

On 1/11/2011 I was visited by our Father and ever since then my life has changed.

I saw Jeremiah 1 : 11 about the Almond bud and the rod. Also Deut. 1:11 our Holy Spirit showed me about multiplication.
    Then about giving in Ecc.11:1.

Thank you so much for sharing. My eyes have been opened.

Abundant blessings to you and yours and your ministry. Fresh daily infilling of His presence.

How cool Cheryl! I love that! What an amazing experience you have had the past few years. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful testimony with us.

22. Leah Witherspoon says:

I loved this article on the number 11! I have also been seeing multiple numerical sequences in time and others places a lot lately (ie. 2:22, 4:44, 555, etc) Is there a correlation between the meaning of 11:11? Does it also mean transition and revelation?

23. Esther Hernandez says:

First 3 months of this year had a wonderful time learning and attending courses to be ordained. I received my certificate and by the next night I was fighting for my life on a vacation we had just arrived to in Cozumel. I was flown home to hospital and had surgery and recovered at home. At home, I discovered immoral sexual activity husband was involved with!!! Divorce finalized in August after 21 yrs! Now my daughters and I will be looking for our new home (our promise land). A place where the Lord will be continually with us. Needless to say, I have seen 11:11 ALL YEAR LONG!!!! People of God, please pray for direction towards our new home!

Wow, Esther. Thank you for sharing your heart. I am so sorry to hear about that. Praying now for all of you to have wisdom and guidance during this time. <3

24. Bionca says:

I’ve been seeing 1:11 for most of this year! I’ve grown so much spiritually in 2017 and I continue to wait for the Lord to bring to pass things spoken over me for the last past couple of years! I thank God for showing me things that I didn’t know or believe about myself! I thank him for this transitional period. I’m being prepared for my new season! Hallelujah

Awesome Bionca. You are a mighty woman of God. Bless you during this season of growth. I too see 1:11 often :).

25. Lisa says:

Hi Doug I have been seeing 1111 every day for two weeks also 555 and 333. What are the meaning of the 5s and the 3s?
    Thanks so much!

26. Dawna Heske says:

Thanks for this confirming word. Doug bless you for your obedience to the Lord. I have been seeing 1111 as well as 211, 311, 411, 511, and so on this has been going on for a year or so. Do you have somewhere I can look these up or help me with what they mean.

27. Cameron McDonald says:

I have been seeing 11:11 or some variation of 11 as well as 3:33 or 33…more than a dozen times a day every day for the past year and a half! Not exagerarinh to say that some days I will see these numbers 50 times or more. Recently it has been 22 and 44 added in a lot…as well as 48.

28. Carole Hofmann says:

Yes!! I keep seeing over and over and over. I’ve seen it before but never as much as now. I’ve also been seeing 2:22, 3:33… and all the numbers duplicated. It’s crazy. But not as much as 11:11 and 1:11.
    On our drive home just today I said to my husband, “I feel that it is time for us to not be challenged financially anymore. Like a shift is happening.” Then I said that we should keep our eyes open for new opportunities and options financially. Wow, this is quite an awesome confirmation. Thanks for sharing it!

Awesome Carole! Bless you and your husband as you both step into a new season of financial blessings.

29. Hi Doug,

I started seeing 11:11 in 2015 and it is so good to hear more about that.
    I so appreciate your insight and understanding of what is happening right now in our times. I read all your blogs and look forward to what you are hearing from the Lord.

30. Christine gregory says:

Hi

I found this extremely interesting. Thank you. I have been seeing 9:11 constantly on clocks etc for years. At first I was terrified if meant a disaster like 9:11 in USA!! Someone told me it meant healing and deliverance ministry like Luke 9:11 indicates. During this time I have been having very deep spiritual ministry and deliverance from childhood trauma/issues. Would be interested in your opinion in what 9:11 indicates??

Hey Christine! It all depends. See what happens when you see that time and keep track. The thing about some numbers if they mean other things to other people and God may be trying to tell you something that fits your situation specifically. Ask God and He will keep talking to you and make it more known :).

31. Grant says:

I’ve been noticing 11:11 on clocks much more frequently over the past few weeks and have been asking God about it. I have been feeling that a transition is coming and this has just boosted my faith for that. Thank you!

32. sylvia peterson says:

i have seen 11:11 and 1:11 for several years. i just knew it meant sonething. i bought a house and my address is 1111.
    i feel a incredible breakthrough is coming. thx 4 encouragement

Awesome! Congratulations on the new home! That is so exciting. Praying now that God’s presence fills your new place.

33. Gloria says:

I have been seeing 11:11 every time I look at the time on my phone. This has happened several times this year and it concerned me so much because I was thinking this could not be a coincidence. I looked for biblical meanings of this number and it means several things including disorder and chaos so I didn’t know what to do but deep in my heart I have been thinking it could as well be a transition happening in my life. When I saw Doug’s article today, I was so amazed because the article answered my questions, secondly somebody else was seeing same numbers! God’s ways of doing things amazes me. Lord thank you for transition and revelation happening to my life, my family and other people in your body

34. Libby says:

What a blessing! I’ve been seeing 11:11
    and 1:11 since around 1985. I’ve also been
    Seeing 333 and 777. But mostly and steadily
    the (11’s.) have been more prominent!
    They seem to be the gateway in my life, in fact
    I did a painting with 11:11 in it as white pillars.
    It is a very symbolic art piece that tells a story.
    And I left a message in one of my albums re:11:11.
    Anyway. I knew it had to be linked God, I’ve
    been feeling it all these years. Seeing it in Deuteronomy 11:11 NIV, just confirms it along with your article. Thank you for this! ✨💖✨

Awesome Libby. How cool that you painted 11:11. I’m sure it is a beautiful painting. Bless you and your artistic gift.

35. Catalina says:

I have been seeing 1:11 or 11:11 almost everyday
    Since the beginning of the yr .
    Of course I have been dreaming carrying a white
    Baby boy then I saw marble falls I went into the water swam backward with the baby in my arms.
    The water was blue and beautiful.
    Thanks
    Cathy:(

36. Bonnie Brown says:

It is a calling out to a special breed.. a gathering of people uniquely touched by God for his purposes in earth that only communion with God will release to them. Our spiritual heritage!! Jesus calling!!

37. LaNette says:

Several years ago, I had a pastor that preached on Deut 1:11. Saying God increased 1000 times more in 1000 ways more. I have seen this so many times recently (111 or 1111) I just thank God when I see this, for whatever that is and whatever it means to me.

I love that LaNette. That was the first reoccurring number I always saw too, and my friend told me about Deut 1:11 as well. What a beautiful verse to be reminded of often!

38. Cindy says:

Hi Doug,
    Long story short, I attended one of your conferences in CO about 7 yrs ago. I had been seeing 111 for nearly 2 years by that time and in the middle of speaking, Jamie Galloway asked who there had been seeing 111. My knees nearly buckled. I had been begging God to please reveal the purpose of this ‘haunting’, or was I just going crazy! There were two of us. He said God wanted us to know that Joshua 1:11 was for us that stood up. I have prayed and asked for interpretation from God. He seems to have me on alert but nothing specific is happening. I feel that I am watching continually, waiting for the ‘timing’, the ‘green light’. Can you speak to that at all?
    Thank you!

Hey Cindy. How cool you were at one of Doug’s conferences. So if you felt that was for you, then God may want you to be praying into Joshua 1:11, which you may do doing already. I cannot give an exact answer, as this is between you and God. But looking at the the verse, it is addressing how they about to enter into the Promise Land and to get ready to leave the wilderness. Sounds like an awesome situation to get prepared for blessing. How does this apply to you? Are you made to be an encourager and help bring people out of the wilderness and into the promise land? Are you someone who has the faith in the wilderness to say, ‘Guy’s we’re so close! Get ready! Expect great things!” If so, that could be what God wants you to be doing. We need people like that during these times when many people are discharged and feel stuck in the wilderness. Bless you!

39. Wanda Claus says:

Dear Doug & Team,
    This is where I saw this writing about the numbers 11:11. I knew this was something for me. I’ve been seeing 11:11 & 1:11 lately and have been looking into Word. What Doug says about crossing the Jordan and taking possession of the land is what I needed to hear!!
    I’m in a hard place right now, (for 11+ years) almost given up hope. God knows what I need and it is definitely on the other side of this desert I’ve been in. I’m so glad the Lord directed me to this article. Thank you! Wanda

40. Ruth Henley says:

So I got to DMV today at 2:30pm for a 2:45pm appt. The woman at check in desk couldn’t access the appts on computer– for some reason–so she gave me a “priority” number. The ticket # was: “1 110”.

With in minutes my name was called to report to the open booth. Guess what the station # was? 11… ahhh!!!

41. Thank you for the insight and revelation on 11:11. I too have been seeing these numbers for quite some time now and felt it was from the Lord. I now will pay closer attention to all that it means for me and TRUST what God is preparing for me.

Wonderful Sherill. As you continue to pay more attention to numbers they will start to stick out to you more and it will be super fun to see God speak in a new way to you!

9:11 can mean a few things. It could mean its an urgent time to pray, or look up those numbers and see if a Bible verse seems to jump out at you with 9:11. Hope that helps! 🙂

42. Sara says:

Doug,
    It’s a blessing to find this article! I found it when I began doing research about the number 11, for the past three months I see the clock at 11:11 almost every day and often times immediately after daydreaming. Ive also found that the number 7 is quite present. My father passed 7 years ago, is 2017, I’m 27, I work on the 7th floor, and a man once told me my life would change at 27, could this be confirmation from God?

43. Karen Coaxum says:

Hi Nikki I’ve been finding pennies lately. I went to the library today and when I sit down I noticed a shiny penny that was on heads I picked it up and I looked at the year and it was the year of my boyfriend birthday within that same day I went to the store to buy a few items and the receipt had his birth month and day on it. So recently I’ve been seeing the number 11 on a piece of furniture in a book that I’m reading on a room door then after that someone calls out my boyfriend’s name yeah! I was in the hospital which the one I work at and I happened to walk by a patient room and she calls me my boyfriend’s name she said it’s so loud I thought she was talking to me. What could this possibly means

Hey Karen, I would ask God about it and see what you feel in your heart that He is saying. It makes me think that is a strong reminder to be praying for your boyfriend. Often when I see a name a lot or something relating to someone, I think its either God guiding me to pray for them or there is something about that person God wants to tell me. It just depends. Finding pennies a lot is finding change. There could be change coming in your life. Again, keep doing what your doing which is noticing these awesome occurrences and asking God to show you. Bless you!