4 Steps to Unlock Your Breakthrough | Doug Addison

4 Steps to Unlock Your Breakthrough

Gumshoes on urban grunge background of asphalt. Conceptual image of legs in boots on city street. Feet shoes walking in outdoor. Youth Selphie Modern hipster
We are in times of major transition and it is easy to feel stressed or uncertain. This is a time to trust that God has your best interest at hand.

We are bombarded daily with conflicting messages. Many negative reports are going out, which is why I release my Daily Prophetic Words and monthly prophetic word articles to help you hear what God is saying right now!

“The Kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.”
Matthew 13:44 NIV

This parable has something to say about your destiny. Maybe God has spoken to you in the past about something and then it seems to not happen? Over the next few months, you can expect God to speak to you about your situation. As this happens, it will require you to take action or to activate it.

Did you know that the saying, God helps those who helps themselves, is not in the Bible? But, there are many principles in the Bible that talk about how to get through difficult times, unclear seasons, or times in which you feel stuck. There are seasons in which things go smoothly and are clear; then there are times that we need to take action to get what we are waiting for.

4 steps you can take now

There has been a paradigm shift with the help of the Internet. This has brought a new surge of DIY, or do-it-yourself opportunities. DIY is emerging in every area of our lives, you can see that on television with a lot of the reality shows on how to fix things or do makeovers.

I have been a Prophetic Life Coach for years and I have developed some strategies that really work to help people get unstuck. I want to combine my years of experience with the principle of DIY, and give you the roadmap to radical change God gave me.

1. It matters what you do on a daily basis.

If you are sowing grumbling, complaining, doubt, and fear … then that is what you are going to reap. “… for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.” Galatians 6:7 NKJV. If you decide to change that outlook and begin to sow blessing and love and encouragement, then it is going to shift the spiritual atmosphere over you.

2. The next thing that you need to change, or be aware of, is how you think.

“For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.” Proverbs 23:7 NKJV. It is not only what you do, but how you think about yourself. Begin to line up with God. Hebrews 11:1 talks about faith. This is seeing things that are not as though they are. We need to see and think that way about ourselves as well.

3. The third one is believing, or having faith. This is really important.

“… whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” Mark 11:24 NIV. Even though your answer may not be there yet, keep believing, having faith, and setting up that spiritual atmosphere of belief. Remember that miracles could not happen around Jesus Himself when there was unbelief in a town, and he had to ask people to leave the room on occasion. Believing, right now, is the place that you can start to change things.

4. Finally, taking action.

“In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead … so faith without deeds is dead.” James 2:17, 26 NIV. So, what you do on a daily basis matters. How you think about yourself and the world around you matters. Believing and having faith matters! It sets things up for the breakthrough. Taking action brings it all together.

By developing these key principles in your life, you will gain amazing clarity and get momentum.

There are things that God has called you to do that will indeed change the world. So in a sense, the people that you are going to help are waiting for you to take a step to activate your life calling.

Doug-sig

P.S. Ready to get unstuck and take the next step? Let’s unlock your breakthrough together today! Check out how my new online course will help you move forward.

Doug Addison is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast, and blog. Doug’s message of love, hope and having fun reaches people around the world! His powerfully, positively funny style of teaching and coaching helps open people to discover their destiny and experience God’s supernatural love and power. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where he is impacting the arts and entertainment and media industries.

12 thoughts on “4 Steps to Unlock Your Breakthrough

1. Nozipho says:

Doug l am going through a rough patch this season,l am going through divorce, lost custody for the kids,buried my mom on Saturday.lts hard for me.l pray that God helps me not to dwell on these challenges.

2. Maria says:

Thank you very much Prophet Doug. May God Bless you as you are blessing me. I would not forget you when I will have my finances breakthrough , for you to continuing to Bless others. May the Hand of God be always apon you and your family, to protect ,guide to the fullfillment of your destinys.

3. Thank you Doug! I receive this teaching and the grace to walk it out! I am so grateful for the grace God has put in you! A few years ago I was drawn to you from a post on the Elijah List, been with you ever since! In Him, Gaul Stoddard

4. Gayle Alexander says:

Miracles did occur around Jesus when he was in his hometown. He did some. It wasn’t because of unbelief, it was because He wasn’t accepted there because they thought the knew him. So, unbelief cannot stop the power of God, it is tradition that makes the Word of God of no effect. And, the power of God is the Gospel of Christ.

5. Sharon Peterson says:

I had an amazing dream on the morning of the 19th. I was working in a small store. It was a place of business. Maybe mine. I realized it was Christmas and that I was suppose to decorate. I started with a pair of shoes that I put into a glass case. These shoes were black and they were my employees shoes that they had taken off and left. Then I started to put red and green in the cabinet. Everyone else in the store were decorating the store too. They set up a Santa Claus dressed in red and rolled out a green or red carpet. After dream I looked on Internet and found a bunch of your prophecies like April 16 that said, past connections will bring unexpected blessings.
    April 18 said watch for prophetic and revealing dreams coming this week. April 19 was the perfect interpretation for my dream. It was as if you heard my dream and interpreted it. I believe my dream was for the body.

6. Dear Doug Addison

Thank you for your daily inspirational words of encouragement, yes at times like you said it may not always be for us, but nevertheless they have blessed me.

I ask for your prayers please.

Am a widow with three grow daughters. I have been living in the UK from Zimbabwe Africa. I prayed God show me if I should go home that been Zimbabwe as I was under alot alot of pressure in the UK and really not well at all. I take care of my two grandchildren one is 9 years the other is 3 years am 50 years old. There mother was going thru a very dark time and drugs, but I can say God has been good and she is working trying to get her life together. Cause of her life style I had to look after them we had Social Services on on case. The stress of all that was wearing me down though staying faithful in pray to God for direction. At beginning of 2015 I really fasted asked God for direction to return with boys to Zimbabwe try run our little business or stay. I believed God saying go but it wont be fore too long, I too prayed for a partner as I do feel lonely as my girls have there own lives yet they still care. In that God said i woud find someone home.

Wow hope not too much.

I have come to Zimbabwe in August 2015 with boys, things are not actually go as i thought, though I was born in Zimbabwe I have a British passport boys too we finding it hard to get visas to remain we have get passports stamped monthly and pay. Medical is not great and I have a lot of health issues. I feel I came and did what I had to do in Zimbabwe but feel guilty cause my Mum is in Zimbabwe and she wanted me to run the business and if I go am letting her down. Yet I believe that some how my time is coming to an end and the older boy needs to get back to education of a standard, at same time am worried about Social services in UK cause they nasty lot, though there mum is trying but his under my protection. Oh boy am so not sure were am going what am doing. Am praying fasting and I know that God said he will restore what has been taken from me this year and am reading your articles about March its gone we nearing end of April i have seen very little light.

God is faithfully I dont know if it is me what am I doing wrong I love the Lord he is my everything without him am nothing. I feel Im failing him everyone around me. Am so lost dont know were I belong.

Please please pray with me for clarity in what God wants for me stay in Zimbabwe go back to UK to my children.

Did i hear wrong have I done wrong please pray with me please.

God Bless I know its a lot of issues may God give you wisdom to direct me even thou you may not know me, but am his child you are his Prophet in pray word we family.

Kind regards
    Sandra Bennett

7. jenny says:

Hello im going through anxiety and battle worrying fearful thoughts on a daily basis, desperate for breakthrough! Please help me or pray for me if you can

8. Kimberly says:

I’m praying one of God’s great promises, Ephesians 3:20. “Now unto Him Who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we can think or ask,according to power that works in us” God is so faithful to His Word, it seems to imply that fear nor tears will move HIM, but our Faith will. Thank you as always Doug for your encouragement,wisdom and discernment.

9. Lorna says:

I feel these 4 way could be used for the goal of weight lost too. Believe God to help us see our bodies the way that He sees us. Daily eating real food and taking action to exercise.

10. Vickie says:

Would love to do your online course but as I am a retiree, the SA Rand/dollar exchange rate as it is now, it will not suit my budget do your course. But thanks all the same and and for all your great encouragements,! Stay strong in the power of His might and Keep fighting the good fight of faith, Much Blessings!!!! Vickie

11. Glenda Wyss says:

Doug thank you so much for the many ways you help us.Ifeel like a dry sponge soaking all of God you share with us.
    I have had 5 night dreams that are from God—two of them I believe are prophetic. I would really like to get your interpretation of them but don’t know how to go about doing it. If there is a fee involved that would be fine. I could write it out or do it by phone. It may be easier to phone since there is a lot involved. Can you help me please? Thanks! And may God continue to bless you in ALL His ways? Glenda