What These 9 Dreams Can Reveal About Your Destiny
March 17, 2016
Did you know that a great way to hear God can be through your dreams at night?
Though not all dreams are from God, once you understand how God speaks through symbolic language, then you can trust to be guided this way.
Over one-third of the Bible is made up of dreams and visions. Jesus often spoke in parables, and dreams are very similar to “night parables.”
There are several types of night dreams that actually reveal clues about your life dreams or your destiny.
After interpreting thousands of dreams for people, I began to notice a common pattern. Some dreams that people have seem to indicate that there is something more for them to fulfill in their lives.
Here are a few dreams that you can watch for and I have offered some tips on how you can respond:
1. Recurring dreams: A recurring dream can be an indicator that God wants to either do something new in your life or that He is drawing your attention to change something. Once you either establish the new behavior or take care of the issues, these recurring dreams will stop.
2. Flying without an airplane: These dreams indicate higher destinies for you to fulfill. You have creativity and the ability to rise above situations. You also have great flexibility.
3. Running or being chased: Is something evil trying to get you in your dream? It is showing you that the enemy wants to stop you from something good. The positive part of this is that you have a destiny to help people. Why else would something try to stop you? The key is to not be afraid and begin to ask God to show you what it is you are destined to do.
4. Negative dreams or nightmares: Nightmares are similar to the running or being chased dreams. Negative and fearful things are never God’s will for your life. Because these types of dreams show Satan’s plans and not God’s will, you need to flip them around and begin to pray for the opposite to happen. The only true reality for you is God’s intentions.
5. Showing up late: This dream is showing you that there is something that you are called or destined to do, but you are currently lagging in the process of accomplishing it. It is a heads-up to be more diligent in your pursuit.
6. Being naked: Dreaming of having no clothes on in public is a common dream and it is actually positive. It shows that you are open and transparent with others. This could be an indicator of the type of vocation or gifting you have. Most likely people feel safe around you and they may even talk to you about their problems, meaning you have the ability to help people through counsel or advice.
7. Being in school: These dreams indicate that you are in a time of learning new things. This is valuable time in developing yourself for your life purpose.
8. Having a baby or being pregnant: Babies are symbolic of new life. They are usually not literal, but instead symbolic of something new coming. A new job, ministry, gift, idea or something creative is coming to you.
9. Teeth coming loose or falling out: This indicates the need to get wisdom or advice about your situation.
How to respond
• First, write your dreams down and pray for the interpretation.
• Begin to notice these dreams and other patterns in your life as our destiny is often like a connect-the-dots drawing and things tend to unfold more over time.
• Hold on to your dreams and be open to them being fulfilled in ways that may surprise you.
Take the next step: Do you want to better understand what God is saying to you through your dreams? Check out my Destiny Dream Interpretation online workshop.
In this extended dream intensive online workshop, I’ll teach you everything you need to know to get started on becoming your own dream interpreter.
Doug Addison is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast, and blog. Doug’s message of love, hope and having fun reaches people around the world! His powerfully, positively funny style of teaching and coaching helps open people to discover their destiny and experience God’s supernatural love and power. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where he is impacting the arts and entertainment and media industries.