7 Common Spiritual Dream Meanings | Doug Addison

7 Common Spiritual Dream Meanings

Concept of reading. Man's hand holding magic book with falling letters animals and other objects from this book. Concept of dreaming.

One amazing way that God can speak to us is through our dreams at night. Unfortunately, most people don’t understand them. Many people are wondering, ”What do my dreams mean?” After interpreting thousands of dreams for people, I began to notice patterns. Several dream themes seemed to be common in many of the people I came in contact with. Dreams like flying, falling, teeth coming loose, running or being chased, having a baby, showing up naked, going to the bathroom in public … recognize any of these? Chances are you have had one or more of these common dream themes.

As I give meanings to some of these common dreams, realize that I’m generalizing. There may be more details to your dream, so this is only the basic meaning for most of them. The following are the most common dreams.

By far, flying dreams are the most common. Dreams that involve flying without the use of an airplane are usually very positive (depending on context). They indicate you have a high degree of creativity, you have the ability to rise above circumstances, and you are possibly maturing spiritually.

Teeth coming loose or falling out

This type of dream reveals that you are in need of direction. Teeth chew food and make the food useful for the body. Symbolically, teeth chew the Word or teaching of God, so it can be digested and made useful through application. Chewing, or thinking about something, brings deeper understanding. That’s why teeth coming loose or falling out means that you’re in need of direction, wisdom, or advice.

Baby or pregnant

Both men and women can have this type of dream. Most of the time, it is not a literal dream but symbolic. It’s referring to birthing something new into your life. It could be a new job, a gift, an anointing, creativity, or even a clever invention.

Chased or running

More often than not, dreams that involve running can be frightening. This type of dream usually represents one of two situations–you are either running from something in your life, or you are being chased down by your own destiny, and it’s trying to catch up with you. Either situation can seem scary, because they both require major changes. This type of dream is a strong indication that there’s some calling on your life that you have yet to fulfill. Why would something evil try to prevent you from this? It is because you have something great to fulfill in your life for God.

Dreams in which you are falling indicate that you are out of control in your life. Falling can also suggest that you may need to let go and take some risk. Most people who have falling dreams also have flying dreams. If you’re having a repeated falling dream, this indicates you need peace in your life. Once the peace manifests, you can get the creative juices flowing and fly again.

Showing up late for anything in a dream is a warning to not miss what is coming. It is just making you aware of something approaching. So when you wake up, ask God to help you catch whatever it is.

Not able to run, move, or speak

Whenever we are unable to run or move in a dream, it indicates that something is trying to stop us or hold us back in life. This interpretation can also be applied to dreams when we are not able to speak or cry out for help. This can indicate there are dark forces working against you. But, the good news is that there must be something great for you to fulfill, and that is why you are getting so much resistance.

Next time you have one of these common dreams, you will be much more prepared to not only understand it but also how to respond to it.

*This is one of the all-time most popular articles on my blog, so enjoy this one from the archives and let me know in the comments if you’ve ever had one of these 7 dreams.

P.S. Wouldn’t you like to be able to interpret your own dreams, and maybe even help other people know what God is speaking to them about in their dreams? For an in depth and thorough dream interpretation training, consider enrolling in my Dream Crash Course.

If reading books is more your style and you want to dive deeper into dream interpretation, you’re going to love my book, Understand Your Dreams Now.

Doug Addison is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic Words, Spirit Connection webcast, podcast, and blog. Doug’s message of love, hope and having fun reaches people around the world! His powerfully, positively funny style of teaching and coaching helps open people to discover their destiny and experience God’s supernatural love and power. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where he is impacting the arts and entertainment and media industries.

73 thoughts on “7 Common Spiritual Dream Meanings

1. Julie M Ottaway says:

Lately, I am late and keep running into obstacles. I have to go back and find my purse before I can meet my daughter. I cannot find my way out of the place I am in to find my purse or get to my destination. I go up stairs, down stairs and even climb over steep places that are perilous to find my way. I seem to never get out of the maze I have found my self in..

all of my life dreams. I can levitate and I can breathe underwater

2. Benita Garnett says:

Thank you for this. I had two of the dreams you mentioned. !st one is being chased by people who wanted to kill me. I escaped each time unscathed and in the end of the dream. I said I could move up north, but I won’t. I will stay in the south with a new identity. The 2nd dream was being late for work. In this dream I was suppose to come back to work at 1pm. I had an unexpected visitor(who I knew) come to the house(I go home on my lunch break) and I told them I had to be to work at 1p. The time on the stove was 12:50pm. When I left it was almost one o clock. Yet, I kept seeing clocks and the time stayed on 12:55pm giving me 5 more minutes to get to work. There were things out of the ordinary to prevent me from going back to work. The route I normally take was a newly built neighborhood, which wasn’t there before. Each time I came to a detour a clock will show up with 12:55pm.

3. Lydia says:

This is Lydia.. Yes, I have had many flying dreams & some falling dreams.. As a matter of fact I just had a falling dream 3 nights ago!!
    Bless You!
    Thank you!

4. james benjamin says:

Have had a dream where I was flying

I was in a room like a class with people inside and outside were a lot of people too. Then josephe prince walked in. I saw and was so excited. I discovered it was I and one lady that knew her among the crowd. He went out and came in again then I went after him. I noticed the location changed. This time he was sitted and I was squating close to him and my head on his laps and I was telling him about God’ call on my life. He got up and prayed for me abd I was slain when I got up the whole place changed again, the place was filled with trees and river . Five forces came to attack me I defeated them and another five came again I defeated them. People were trying to cross the river. Folding up their trousers and women backing their babies to cross. I discovered I started flying without wings by passing others so fast then I woke up

• Wow..fighting back against evil forces I found out is good. When I found out that there are prayer points on dreams, I found myself fighting back using the sword words “In the name of Jesus”. Looks like to me you are on fire for God and have great calling in God using great people to help you get there. Usually minister, preist, or pastor represents God himself. Lively plants and clean rivers are fruitful in holy spirit..

5. Brenda Crawford says:

Hi Doug,
    I have had a dream of pushing a baby stroller and was
    having another baby and went into labor. What does
    this mean?

6. lisa says:

Quick dream : just a picture of the brothers that are in the country band called by their name Perry
    The consensus in the dream is they were indeed the brothers but they weren’t one of them had a beard and there were not real some kind of statue they had the color cream…same night different dreams one after the other
    Next Pres.Obama is standing before the brothers but this time they were real..like Pres. Obama was presented before them for some reason it seemed he was a little anxious

7. Loralee Thiessen says:

I have had flying dreams, usually someone is after me trying to catch hold of my foot and pull me back to the ground; or dreams where I’m trying to jump really high away from a persuer, sometimes being successful after a few tries. I had a lot of these dreams as a kid. I’ve also had a lot of those dreams where I have to go to the bathroom in public. I was hoping you were going to give an explanation to this one:) I can probably guess what this means though.

8. Susana says:

I had a dream last night with my son- and a demon started manifesting. I ran right up to him and bond the demon and commanded it to leave. Then all of a sudden my son and I were sitting and holding hands and a lady came into the room and asked my son if he wanted tea.

9. Mike says:

I had a dream where I was flying towards a big gate, possibly from a church. I was slow though and somebody who was using his feet instead was able to enter before me. It did not feel like a race though. In fact I was mostly irritated as to why the other man took the physically more demanding approach.

10. Nikita says:

I often look through your blogs about dreams cause I’ve been trying to make sense of the dreams I’ve had since I was a little girl and have wanted to get a thorough interpretation cause I know it will give me clarity and direction. The first dreams I can remember I was always running from something and I remember being afraid often making myself awake to stop the fear but it was like they would be recurring dreams and I would be running into different difficult areas to get away like slipping through a mailbox until finally I got tired of being afraid to sleep so in the dream I discovered I could make things happen and I went after what was chasing me. I never seen anything I only felt there was a presence. I ended up chasing it back to my early childhood home in my room to this hole in the ground where there was a lightbulb. I never saw anything but me and I never had a dream again about being chased. I also have had many dreams about flying. After running in my old childhood neighborhood I remember coming around the curve and taking flight into the sky and suddenly I was surrounded by a light blinding like the sun and then I awoke. I also dreamt of going to heaven and seeing no one I knew and I felt bad so I know I had asked God, though I didn’t see him, if I could go back to earth to get those I knew to the route to heaven and when I did there was no one left so I began flying over the roads looking for anyone to come go with me to heaven. I, too, have had dreams of my teeth falling out, being naked in public, having sometimes many babies at once numerous times but twice I’ve actually named the child (Coral Rose was one and Max was the other), and I’ve had an experience that I didn’t think was a dream at all of where I was afraid to go to sleep laying in complete darkness with this extreme fear and sense that I would have a nightmare so I just laid there trying to get the feeling to pass when all of a sudden the room grew pitch dark and cold as I stared at the light from my bedroom window in terror. I heard an eerie sound hover over me and I freaked out but I couldn’t move or speak. I remember my mother telling me there’s power in the name of Jesus and if I said the name 3 times whatever was bothering me would leave so in my mind I shouted Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!! And, immediately, I was released and I darted out the bed into my mothers room. It’s interesting to read about the common dreams and their meanings but I feel I need some serious interpretation one on one!

11. Hi Doug
    I have had 2 dreams were I had a dark presence try to cover my eyes and choke me to were I couldn’t speak the first one was I was in our indoor riding arena and I saw some gem stone that an angel had left and I was looking into the gemstone because there was something in it and then the dark force was trying to blind me and choke me to were I couldn’t call for help

12. Lori says:

My name is Lori. Yes I actually had what i called a satanic attack back in 2007-8(( not sure of year) in which I was being suffocated and restrained and couldn’t move or speak. It was so real. I tried so hard to move and wake myself up but couldn’t. I remember seeing a light under the doorway. Then I actually heard satans audible voice say my name 3 times. It scared the heck out of me. I don’t know how I was able to speak but I heard my audible voice saying: God help me! God help me! And then I woke up. Needless to say I didn’t want to go back to sleep. There is more to that attack in the beginning. I would love to send it to you if I could. At that time I was going to bible study and told the lecturer about it and she said she would see if some of the ladies would come over and go through the rooms of the house and pray but one of the core group leaders, she was from Africa, said that wouldn’t be wise because she had seen a lot of bad things happen in her country and she didn’t want anything to happen to me or my daughter. So they prayed for us to get our own home. (Still waiting for that)! But today, I am wondering if it was prophetic and that maybe if God has something really important for me to do. I feel the enemy was trying to prevent me from speaking. It would really be nice to have someone to talk to about all this and clear it up for me. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share this. Lori

13. rose jean says:

I have a dream last night, i cannot speak.. in my dream i am trying to command my bother .. im saying in my mind ” obey! In the mighty name of Jesus” i want to say that but my mouth cant move, im forcing to speak ..

14. collleen says:

I would like to know what the dream mean I was in a big house myself my mother and sister .And in the big room were we was I what the time as I look to the clock on the 10.20am .When I really woke up and went to the kitchen the time on the clock was the same time I had in my dream.

15. Tina says:

I had a dream that I was pregnant and immediately had a set of twins that were already toddlers when they were born. I assume this means I will birth 2 similar things at the same time that are already somewhat established….

16. Lisa says:

I had a nightmare while napping in the middle of the day. I was attacked by an angry Muslim man about being a woman, he knocked me down, sat on top of me, and began to slap me all while I tried to fight him off. A nun came running down the street towards us, and he fled. I was very shaken when I woke up. Any thoughts ? And no I am neither Catholic, nor Muslim.

17. Ocheche says:

I have a lot of flying dreams and I get scared it means something negative. I also have falling dreams and the ones in which I’m being chased and I wake up breathing hard. Thanks Doug for the explanation of these dreams.
    There’s this dream I always have. I find myself in the midst of my friends from my high school days and it’s like we are having examinations. I’m not sure what it means but, someone said it means backwardness. I also eat in some dreams.

18. Marcela says:

God bless you brother, The dream that I had is not related to the ones you posted, but I hope you don’t mind. In my dream I had a white blouse, and my daughter Xochitl, was going to eat an avocado so I asked her if she needed help in removing the seed of the avocado, she said “yes”, so I got a big long knife and I got the seed of the avocado with the knife right in the middle and the seed jumped into my white blouse from my neck & it went down my chest but like zig zag from one side to the other side and it stained my blouse light green and when you look at the blouse it will turn a beautiful blue, so I was very sad cause my blouse was stained, I removed my blouse to wash it, there where about 12 wash boards in a circle, One was empty. I ran to get the wash board, but some lady got it before me , there was 12 circles and in each circle were 12 wash boards and all of them were busy. I notice my 1 year old granddaughter’s diaper was dirty. I took it off to change her, but had no clean diaper. I was looking around to see what I had to put on her, suddenly I saw her running around a stage naked from the bottom. I got my dirty white blouse, and put that on her as a diaper, with the stain inside. I then awoke from my dream. Thank you brother, and God bless you

19. Mary says:

Hi Doug, I had lots of dreams of seeing babies in my dreams, also I had a dream ofvmy self sleeping on a mattress and I woke up and had blood stain on the mattress in the dream, then I woke up and in my spirit I heard now you can get pregnant, last night , was the first time I dreamed I couldn’t move my legs, arms, in the dream, then I also seen 2 famous singers in my dream man and woman from the 90,s,James Ingram and patty Austin what does this mean, but I remember saying 2 myself it’s God stretching your faith

• Admin Pam says:

God is birthing something new such as a job, gifting, idea in you. You may be feeling discouraged or hopeless, which is why God is repeating the dreams for you so you can grab a hold of the faith and let it grow in you.

Dreams are like parables or metaphors. You have to interpret them in context. Doug has 2 great free e-books that will help you being to understand how God speaks. http://dougaddison.com/store/free/

Blessing you to grab hold of the new faith and expectation that God is birthing in you. Pam

20. joe says:

pls am confused is it normal for me to still be attending my former secondary school in the dream y in life am battling with admission is it normal

21. Sherry says:

What do you do with dreams of witches and a large bear and saber tooth tiger, are getting together to come after the family. Tiger said he’s been after this family for a long time, lets team up (bear)? Dream of a witch, with her female followers going to pike through a women because she said she couldn’t follow the witch any longer. They get their pikes ready and to kill her, but Jesus shows up and says, Enough! They disappear, but the pikes are still floating in mid air. Jesus holds a gold cylynder box out, and says that it wasn’t supposed to be opened again. Wasn’t for now, he already dealt with that and it wasn’t supposed to be opened again, or for this time. He winded it shut, and handed the box to my son, it started to open up again, but my son closed it. These dreams are all within a few days of each other. Any thoughts?

22. Stephanie Eubanks says:

I ordered the Dream Catcher Course. I am going to listen to it when I am alone because I do not want to miss a word in the message of understanding. Since I received a prophesy over my life about fighting some years ago I have been struggling to this day. After listening to the live webcast tonight about the winds of change I am believing God will bring change in my life. Presently, I am currently with my brother and his wife because a tree fell on the power line at my house which I am selling. During this time I dreamed about the KKK which I dreamt about 2 other occasions, but this time my brother and sister in law was in the house my mother gave me. I remember some significant things about the dream, but what concerned me the most was they did not seem fazed about their presence. One of the members broke a window and tried to get in while another one was looking in another window. Then I woke up feeling the same way in my dream baffled, confused, disappointed, now I feeling like they did not care what was happening in the Dream and even now. I am believing God will order my steps, but in doing so open my ears, heart, and mind to his way in this situation and others. I pray in the name of Jesus…

• Admin Nikki says:

That’s wonderful you ordered the course, I’m sure you will get a lot of knowledge from it! Keep up the good work!

Nikki, InLight Connection

23. misty says:

I keep dreaming I’m levitating by evil forces and start to pray to make it stop but it keeps my voice from working . I finally wake up and it felt so real . It’s always in my house and my husband says ” not again ” in the dream as I’m levitating to the ceiling scared . What does this mean ? My body feels like I really am levitating. I’m scared I pray . Please help ! Been 2 nights in a row and just woke up from one .

• Nikki, InLight Connection says:

Thanks for sharing Misty. I would pray for protection and pray the blood of Jesus over you. The enemy wants to scare you and make you feel out on control, but God is in control. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill your home and your dreams and see how they change. If the continue and get stronger, or even now if you’d like, find a good ministry around you that you trust to get prayer. God loves you so much and is so much more powerful than the enemy. Bless you.

24. Clifton says:

I dreamed I was chase by a lion but through someone else(unknown woman) view we on a big lawn yard with my cars on the premises but there was another unknown woman who immediately change to a lion and it starts following us and coming at us and we jump over the concrete slaps and the lion does the same as well so we jump into the yard again so did lion as well but I didn’t feel afraid at all so ran off jump on the cars ran on the cars and jump off running straight towards a stranger looks like two to 3 rich gentleman as I ran straight to this guy and he slightly moved out of my way and the girl standing behind him is the 1st unknown woman so I jump over her and the lion ran towards her and put both claws on her chest and ripped it off her so I woke up.

25. Anastasiah Nyamilu Kimeu says:

thank you for sharing what the Lord God Almighty has shown you about had flying dream. I have airplanes land and men coming out to chase me though they never catch me.
    May the Lord Jesus reveal any sin in my life that I have not repented.I need to be close to Jesus Christ, He is the only true friend that I know of.

Hey Anastasiah! As Doug says, those types of dreams of being chased are a strong indication that there’s some calling on your life that you have yet to fulfill. Why would something evil try to prevent you from this? It is because you have something great to fulfill in your life for God. Agreeing with you for you to step fully into everything God has for you! He loves you so much and delights in you.

26. Angela Mcgirr says:

This morning I was sleeping while waiting to get a call from my daughter. I watch my Grandchildren for her during the week so can work. I was in a place I did not recognize but, I was in no way confused about. The place was dark because it was night time. I was outside and levitating all around the area. As I was levitating I was as if being pushed or poked around the area. Though this was happening I had no fear or confusion I simply just kept going back up and even felt in control and determined I was not going to be put down. I felt relaxed the whole time. I believe with my whole heart in Jesus. I also have dreams of flying. One such dream was amazingly colourful and beautiful it was if I was a butterfly I could not see myself but I could see the shadow I made on the ground. I was flying over what looked like a beautiful green valley with trees and flowers in the grass also there in the valley was a beautiful small white church and songs of joy were in my mind ie I could hear the people singing so I stayed close and above the church. When I woke I felt as if I was with Jesus. I have also had awake visions one such vision was so awesome. I knew where I was at I was outside with other church members. The day was sunny and slightly cool it was Autumn in Florida. While was walking about listening to children playing and enjoying the warm sun I felt a presence on my left side at that moment the green grass turned into sparkling gold they sparkled. Then as me and what I felt as being an angel we walked together for some steps. Then the angel spoke to me and said. “This but a glimpse of what is to come”. The angel then departed and everything returned to an earthly look again. This felt like a forever moment but I know it was only brief because I knew where I was when it started and I had only moved about 3 feet when it ended. I will never forget that day. I was so energized and a unexplainable joy was in me

Wow what a beautiful experience you had Angela! I love how the angel said, this is a glimpse of whats to come. Thank you for sharing that with us. Bless you!

27. Daniel Walter says:

Hello, I’m not sure who I’m asking about this but anyone with any thoughts? I had a dream I was in a house that looked simular to mine, It seemed to be emptier. I walk outside and I see a person but like a evil person, it’s hard to explain but theirs an airvent of some sort on the higher outside of the house and the person calls up there and calls in there. There was 3 people like this in my dream. They freak me out and I run inside to a back room and there is a cop and someone else. Idk who the other person is but that person tries to help me. When I run into the back room I am panicking and I tell them their is some creatures trying to kill me. The cop looked at me like I was on drugs and I then yelled that I am not high on anything it is real but it’s like the cop didn’t believe me. There is other people but I can’t picture them, I yell that I’m not lying and I tell them to ask another guy that’s in the room, he was outside with me but I barely remember it. He admits to them that he had seen them too. It’s weird cause when I ran to the back room he was there and not scared or freaking out, but this isnt the guy that helps me. The guy that helped me was black and the man that had seen what I seen was a white man, kind of chunky. So it’s like I go outside to face them with the black guy and there is a chunky woman that looks possessed by a demon or something, and the other two demon people are males but I only see two of them but I hear the other one it’s weird. Anyways the female person/demon chases after me and I’m trying to outrun her. I run and there is like 2 vehicles parked in front of me but not like they are blocking me or anything. I first go to run through the center of the vehicles but then the person I cannot see tells me, “you really think you can outrun me, well how about I send one that is dead after you”. Then the skinnier demon guy jumps out of one of the vehicles parked in front of me, the vehicle was a older truck but from like the 80s I think but not sure. The other vehicle is unknown to me I can’t picture it. After the demon guy gets out of the drivers seat, I run to the left of the truck rather than running between the two vehicles. I run and scream for the black guy to help me . He was running trying to distract them from me. I run up a hill but not very far and the black guy was up there but he’s running down the hill to try to meet up with the demon guy chasing me to distract him or something I’m not sure, but as he runs by me he tells me I have to act like I’m your father or something like that. Then it’s like I stop and I pop up in the demons face that is chasing me. The demon then says something like this isnt you it is you from the 1800s” I’m not exactly sure of the year but it was specific in the dream i just can’t remember”. Then I wake up. This dream seems very powerful to me and I feel like I’ve had dreams like this when I was a child but can’t exactly remember them but It’s like I know I’ve it before.

Hello Daniel. Thank you for sharing your dream.

Here at InLight Connection we train people how to interpret dreams but do interpret them here on this blog or through email. If you are interested in learning more about dream interpretation here are some of Doug’s resources, https://dougaddison.com/training/dream-interpretation/.

Praying that God gives you understanding to your dream and equips you. You are very special and loved.

28. jeni says:

I had a dream that I was walking along this road and I saw this man dressed in a black long robe. He was reading from a book with a Nazi sign on it. I started praying the blood of Jesus along the road. I asked the man what he was doing. He continued quoting words from this book.

Jeni, that is awesome that in your dream you were praying. Shows your spirit is strong. Keep it up! God bless you.

29. leigh Truman says:

I had a very vivid dream last night. I was in public I assume there were many people around then just out of no where a dark swirl maybe clouds began within the cluster at the bottom were wha looked like roots though no tree was involved ( the swirl began close to the ground and elevated) the sky turned orange red you could here what I would say a choir of sorts no words just music and angle like sounds if that makes sense. People just stood in awe then parts of the swirl cloud weaved through and around people and people would raise to the sky I was one I felt the lift and what seemed to be a relief and just as I started said ” oh God” I sensed no fear just an awe all was quite except for the angelic sound. I felt it was a dream of the return of Christ though I also feel our dreams are sources of messages I’m just not sure about this one.

The night before I had another dream but the only thing I remember of that one was my two front teeth looked bad and I was wanting to go the dentist.

Connected I’m not sure but any insight is welcome

30. Aiden Azar says:

I had a dream were I was running in a field. With lots of people and I new who some of this people were.We we’re all running to a fort/castle.Do you happen to now what this means?

31. Christopher says:

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    I got a dream this morning around 8 that I am parking a bakkie and I see it was raining and muddy.
    This red bakkie is outside the owners yard I just move it like out of my way meanwhile there is a repossession taking place of this bakkie without my knowledge and I could see the owners is like getting uneasy thinking I am with the repossession company.

Than the owner came rushing towards me with his Lamborghini and other 2 man with Lamborghinis blocking now THE bakkie and I said I am not with this people I am moving the bakkie for my space sake.

Than again I see I am rushing to church the church is at a classroom and I had to like leave the kids at home while I go to church I than rush to church and its already on somehow my white shirt I did not have it on than again I quickly had it on than I only got part of the service but I never went in standing at the door.when the church came out I was second in line for greeting the people did not greet me only the person next to me.

Could it mean something?

Hey Christopher, thank you for sharing your dream with us. We do not interpret dreams on the blog. Doug has dream resources that help teach you how to interpret dreams for yourself here, https://dougaddison.com/training/dream-interpretation/. For in example, in Doug’s Dream Crash Course, you will learn that cars can often mean ministry, job, or some major aspect of life, depending on the context. Bless you!

32. Tatum says:

When i was in preschool i always had a reoccurring dream where i was in a water tower and there where sharks in the water tower i was with my family in the water tower and i always would wake up at 3 in the morning exactly [when i was little i could tell time on a digital clock] but that dream happened once or twice a week and sometimes i still have it but very rarely i old my brother he said he has had that same dream many of times. ps im in 6th grade now another dream i have had more recently was 2 years ago I had it 2 days in a row i met a boy and his sister they didnt go to the same school as me then in my dream a few days past and they moved too my school [in this dream i was in the new school that was built last year and i just was able to go there because it is 6th to 12th] but after a week or two they took over the school and they became obsessed with me he kept capturing me and my freinds had to save me in my dream i finnaly went home nobody was home so i took a nap when i woke up there was somebody in my house robbing it it was him because i went out of my room and looked at him some of his face was covered but his eyes and hair were the same as the boy who took over the school he looked over and seen me so i ran outside and kept running but as soon as i past 1 house i slowed down then people seen him chasing me but the were laughing so i climbed a tree very slowly because a couldnt really move he didnt see me i ended up falling asleep in the tree when i woke up i was at the school and was locked up with my bff and a boy that was in my class in real life i wasable to get us all freed and we ran to the woods and hid then he found us i woke up sweating and screaming

Hey Tatum! How cool that you are in 6th grade and are paying attention to your dreams! That is amazing! Keep it up and if you can write them down and keep track of them. This will be a way you will grow in hearing God more through your dreams.

As Doug says, running or being chased by something evil in your dreams is showing you that the enemy wants to stop you from something good. The positive part of this is that you have a destiny to help people. Why else would something try to stop you? The key is to not be afraid and begin to ask God to show you what it is you are destined to do.

Praying that God reveals your destiny to you and that you step fully into it! Bless you Tatum!

33. SADE says:

I dreamed that I was surrounded by bright light while lying down in a white room. I couldn’t move my body or talk and could hardly breathe. Then I began to float or be lifted upward…Gasping for air I tried to call Jesus  2xs I think then when I finally was able to say it I woke up. Please help me make sense of this. I’ve had similar experiences before but the were always so dark and scary…This one wasn’t. I believe that I have a calling on my life…but I feel like I’m not where I should be spiritually.

Bless you Sade. I love that you called out to Jesus, that is wonderful. We do not have the team to interpret dreams right now. Doug has incredible resources on dream interpretation though.

You may want to spend some time listening to worship music in your room. Bethel and Hillsong have amazing worship music you can listen to.

Bless you Sade! You have an amazing destiny and God loves you so much!

34. Jessica says:

Just had a dream last night and in my dream, a male voice told me (and i saw in the image) that the Israel army has given a long sword to the US years ago as a gift and it landed in China after years later and right now it is back in the US…

I haven’t seen such a long sword before so I asked in the dream what is this long sword called and the male voice replied “Machete” which I woke up googled and to my amazed, it was the same sword I saw in my dream..

What does this dream mean? Usually I couldn’t remember much of my dream as I used to dream a lot since young but this particular dream seems to have an imprint on me.

Would appreciate if anyone can explain to me the meaning of this dream? Thank you. 🙂

Hey Jessica! Cool dream! We do not have the the team to interpret dreams right now. Doug has amazing dream resources though that you can check out and grow in dream interpretation, https://dougaddison.com/training/dream-interpretation/.

I can tell you a sword is often a warfare weapon in dreams. It seems to me this was more than a simple dream, but it was a moment when something in the spirit was given to you. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you what that dream meant. Bless you!

35. Jaden Lynn says:

Lately I have been having a recurring dream. In this dream I am looking at a star that is split in half. It is still connected but the left half and the right half are complexly different. The left half is shining and I can hear the sounds of children laughing and beautiful sounds of nature. There is also a peaceful warmth coming out of it and the edges of it are glowing. However, the right half is dark and looming. I can hear screams coming out of it and people crying. There is a horrible warmth coming out of it that I could literally feel and the edges of this side are cracked and old. What does this dream mean?

36. Daniel says:

i had a strange dream. i dreamed i was walking in a mall and in a crowd of people i saw only one person. i felt my hand was getting warm and as i looked at my hands there was blood coming out of my hands and only on 2 spots like when Jesus was crucified and then i i knew i had to go pray for that person . as i said to the person that i only saw her then she started to cry and walked away and the person next to her said to me the cancer had returned. so they called that person and i prayed for her. and the other person said who am i that i can do that . and i replied that i am no one that God is the main point for everything and that all the Glory must go to him.

37. Cris says:

one of my parents recently had a dream about me having a tattoo of an angel spanning my entire back. In their dream, they thought ” why would she spend money on getting this tattoo vs paying for school” It seemed very usual to them, since I never had any tattoos or ever intended to have one, but I have been struggling with making a career decision. Could there be a meaning in this dream?

38. oracle says:

I had a dream lastnight that i was flying constantly over towns then i chose too fly directly up and was chased by what it seemed like a demonic spirit entity who was chasing me when caught pulling me down keeping me here on this plane

Oracle, you can ask God to show you the attack of the enemy in your life that is keeping you from going higher with God. You may also want to do the steps in this article here to get breakthrough. Bless you!

• oracle says:

god…? A fictional character too help people feel better or okay with the reality’s that are revolving around themselves. When the world turn’s for the worse or the greatest us as programmed humans
      convince ourselves it was some almighty power moulding a true cast for the destined finished project. Its got me laughing at you mortal men.

39. Peggy Ferguson says:

Dear Doug, I felt a strong need to look up a Christian perspective on dreaming every single dream, that no matter what else I am doing in my dream, I find that I am late for work, either by looking at a clock that is past time for me to be at work. I dream this , under different scenarions, in every single dream I dream, and have for a long time. I work as a medical secretary and am still working at 70, but I have been dreaming this for many years now, no matter the job. It is so recurrent I know I really need to inquire of the Lord what He would have me do.

Peggy, as Doug says, dreaming out being late means this dream is showing you that there is something that you are called or destined to do, but you are currently lagging in the process of accomplishing it. It is a heads-up to be more diligent in your pursuit. Ask the God to show you what it is and declare verses over yourself about guidance and direction. God loves you so much and desires to show you.

40. mary says:

I had this dream that I was being chased by street children . they were trying to take away something I had while going home. like a jug or something . then I meet this girl and I hide in her home to get an escort.. she tells me about her crazy family and she escorts me home in darkness …the stress children are waiting all over the road in darkness and we have to move quietly… she uses tricks like torching them so that they don’t see us and notice me.. she moves fast and am left behind and see her far off on another branch of the road I ran towards her only to realise it was a trap and I ran back to the initial road and find her . we ran and I don’t even know why I am running .she can’t take it anymore and she plans to leave me behind …I run faster to catch up with her only to realise that I am back to the point I started. their house. her mom starts asking me about my parents …she seems to despise orphans and street children. what does this dream mean?

41. Sheila Roberts says:

I keep having dreams about demons around me or others and I start praying alot and they leave. What could this mean?

That is awesome the demons leave when you pray! You have authority because of the Holy Spirit in you. That is a warfare dream. If you feel like you need to get some prayer, we have great prayer ministries we recommend listed here. Romans 8:31-39 may also bring you comfort and peace.

Bless you Sheila, God loves you so much. Keep drawing near to Him <3.

42. linda vandoren says:

What does it mean ?
    One day I was outside doing what I do and all of a sudden everything went black nothing was there and a light was in the distance so I followed it when I got closer I saw it was candles and the Virgin Mary was standing there with my husband who has not pass away yet then I woke up
    Can you please help me with this dream

Hey Linda! We do not have the team to interpret dream at this moment. Doug has great dream resources that will help train you to interpret your own dreams. You can find those resources here. These resources are great if you are someone who often dreams and does not know what your dream means. Bless you!

43. Zandi says:

I have been having the same dream three days in a row where I was flying in my room and someone is trying to catch me but I was praying when I prayed it stayed way It felt like someone is holding me even when I woke up my shoulders felt heavy , I asked this thing on the dream what it wanted it didn’t answer me cause I couldn’t see it and I carried on praying cause I felt coming towards me when I stopped praying I’m even scared to sleep now can u please explain this dream to me.thank you

Hey Zandi! You may want to look into inner healing prayer. We have some great resources we recommend. In the mean time, try worshipping in your room before you go to bed and speaking scriptures out loud.

Doug has some great resources on dream interpretation that will help you gain greater understanding on dreams. Bless you. God loves you so much.